1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

think snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kenny, Dec 23, 2009.

1. kenny

kenny Junior Member
    from mass.

I would love to meet the developers of some of our comm. accounts. there is no place to put the snow!
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go to FLA. that's were they design lots for the snow states.
  3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

How about a U shaped area with parking overnite in the middle area and a sidewalk with trees planted in about 10 foot intervals. Shrubs on the outside of the U. Cant put the snow anywhere on the shrubs, all snow must be pushed out of the U. Roofline surrounds the U except for the open part, drifts in there either on the left side or right depending on wind direction. Oh yes ya gotta come back for 7 am after the early morning opening to clean the overnite park area. Looks nice but machine and labour intensive.
  4. kenny

kenny Junior Member
    from mass.

screw it wait for it to melt!
  5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

more for me to haul off site, last year this was a problem at all my condos, finally got tired of hearing about the piles, showed up and a condo meeting, and asked the group where they would like me to pile, being that everywhere was 6-8feet high, and waved the part of my contract that states "the condo board/customer is to provide the locations for snow to be piled"
  6. kenny

kenny Junior Member
    from mass.

hauling is great, its easy money if there is a plce to dump.
  7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

No doubt some places are plotted and designed by people that have never seen snow or ice! I used to plow a couple of condos that had hilly drives ending in garage doors. The doors never got old. Rail road ties for curbs 3 inches out of the ground. Circles on the