1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

think i need to lower the mount

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stcroixjoe, Nov 3, 2007.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

do you guys think that there is to much "curl" foward ?????

f-250 lifted wplow 041.jpg

f-250 lifted wplow 043.jpg
  2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

One of my neighbors has a truck and his mount is almost that high, and he doesn't have any problems, and I've asked him if he would prefer it to be lower, and he said it didn't make any difference. So I said ok whatever.
  3. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

yea you need to adjust that, the A frame part of that is supposed to be level to the ground. at that angle your going to go through cutting edges like you wouldnt believe and it probably wont trip the correct way either
  4. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

yes the a frame should ride parallel with the ground or your plade will either trip too easey or not at all....
  5. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

make sure you make your adjustments with the truck ballasted as you were going ploing...ie extra weight in back...sander, bloser or whatever..
    good luck
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It doesn't look too bad judging by your pic for a lifted truck. Can youy shoot a pic straight across the A-frame..like down on your knee's at ground level? I could tell a little better then.
  7. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i have not experianced trip prob. from a un-level a-frame but the main prob is angeling.

angle the plow all the way one direct and then set it down if both sides hit the ground at about the same time you'r o.k., and even if it doesn't as long as the blade has enough articulation in the carton and frame so both sides are on the ground your still o.k.
  8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Lower it. or upgrade to a ultra mount so you can save ur ground clearence.