1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

think i hit a nerve

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clark lawn, Feb 18, 2010.

1. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

last night i got some food from the local pizza hut. went to pick it up and the lot is so bad i had to use 4wd to get through, it has been a 2 days since our last snow(4") and it doesnt look like it was touched. lot was in horrible shape so i figured while i was there i would talk to the manager about cleaning it up and taking care of the snow for the rest of the season. i hand him a card and start to ask about the snow and he snaps at me that they have someone already and he does a good enough job. just the tone and how angry he got im thinking 1. im not the first person to say something or 2. it is a relative/friend of the manager.

the lot is in such poor shape i would be embaressed to admit that i plowed that lot.

2. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Hope you didn't take the pizza with you. Not with that attitude.

James

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I always keep in mind that often places get what they pay for. Maybe this was a pusher's $25 lot. I always keep that in mind before I go for an account. In this instance, start out by saying-if needed I can clean this lot up for you-for only $125 w/chemical. Usually, this will bring laughs-and you know why the lot is as it is. Just my experince over 18 years in the biz.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

If that manager was actually the one that made or got to make the decision regarding the snow and ice management, sounds like you dont want to be working for him anyway.

You, as the customer, were right to say something. Offering your services should have been an added option for them.

5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Send your friends in too and say the same thing. Get him worked up and post what the responses are. LOL

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Manager relative

7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

i don't buy from places that have a crappy lot.
    why should i?
    they don't want to spend money on our industry, I don't want to spend money on them.

8. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I think it's likely a relative. If not his regional manager is on him about costs of vendors and he's keeping it tight, we had a BK couple years back that went from 2" trigger to 4" and from salting anytime slippery conditions were present to salt on call, MGR there wouldn't sign a hold harmless so they aren't our customer any more.

9. Indy

Indy Senior Member

maybe the manager IS the plow guy......:eek:

10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Lol probaly! I wouldlve plowed the snow to the entrances and then they won't get any customers :D

11. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Shoulda then gone to the back of the pizza shop and peeked in the back area where they make the pizzas, probably woulda of grossed ya out. You might of left the pizza there as a traction mat for the next customer.:laughing:

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I would've slipped and fell on the way out.

13. ajslands

Lol that would be brillant! BreAk an arm too?

14. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

No you wouldnt of cuz buddy left his traction mat there:laughing:

15. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Thats what I would of done. :drinkup:

16. ajslands

What pizza place was it, I wanna call and ask if he wants snow removal!

17. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i went by there today and the delivery semi was stuck in the back, they had a wrecker there trying to pull him out. i think i will have some other people call up there and comment on the poor condition and maybe say that because of that they wernt able to eat there.

18. ajslands

Can you please pm me the number, I wanna see how worked up I can get him

19. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Or maybe they talked the plowguy into trading for pizza credits?? :laughing:

20. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Could also be he hasn't paid his bill, or doesnt have the money. I have a couple customers who will not get plowed the next storm unless they make good somehow.