1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Think I can push a 8 footer with this .............

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ChicagoSnow, Oct 17, 2007.

1. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone can help me out.

I have access to a 2000 Thomas 135 S (1,300 lift cap.) skid steer and was wondering if it would keep enough traction to push a 8' containment plow?

I think this would be the equivalent of a 753/763, S130 Bobcat.

The tires are somewhat bald, so I can upfit with the best snow tire available to improve traction. I'm not sure who had vehicle/truck wheels/tires on their skid steer, but sounded like the narrower wheel/tire setup greatly improved traction.

What do you guys think?

By the way, I will also need a heater and a cab enclosure to complete. Maybe too expensive to upfit? Probably just better off with a "snow ready" skid steer.

Thanks in advance - Joe
  2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i'd say go for it expecialy for the price the tires no big deal heres why

rubber on snow little traction snow on snow=traction (thats what builds a snowman) so

the more snow a tire holds the better traction a tire will give
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Probably be pushng pretty flat areas so I don't think it will be a problem. Get good tires. You may have problems stacking real high (lifting the snow and the pusher) but it should move across a lot fine.
  4. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Thanks guys!

Can anyone tell me what the website or contact information is for the skid steer snow wheel/tire manufacturer that makes a snow tire? I remember something by snow wolf???

Anyone know where I can find a cab enclosure and heater for this skid steer?

Thanks again,

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

You can find a cab enclosure at ( cabdepot.com) or (skidsteersolutions.com) You can spend alot or a little it all depends on how nice you want to to be. Soft side is alot cheaper ,but the hard cabs w/wipers are still cheaper than a factory cab. Good luck!!!
  6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Had a 753 with a smaller snow bucket that had trouble pushing anything more than 4 inches. Tires would just spin.