1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Things you have used to save money and improve your equipment?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by fallcreek, Jan 16, 2011.

1. fallcreek

fallcreek Junior Member
    from TN

Just wondering about other things people have used:

I have used a old 10" round baler belt for a deflector - free from local farm equipment store

A friend cut the bottom out of a trash can and slide into his salt hopper for a extension for a large parking lot it held a extra 600 lbs. - he spent $25 at walmart

What have you used?
  2. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

I finelly spent money on good equipment then I don't loos money trying to fix the old #%$&T. LOL.
  3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

preach it
  4. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Yeah, then it don't snow enough to pay for it....

Were's that snow the weather people promised us?
  5. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

You have to understand that most of the people on here are from up north, were it snows like 8 months out of the year, they make like 10 million bucks every winter, so they all have new crap....

well, I am exagerating some, I think it snows like 7 months out of the year..

us poor folk in the south, dont see snow that often, so we use what we have.

I say, if it works, use it..
    Someone has said on here alot of times,

We all have to start somewere...

I like that answer!
  6. fallcreek

fallcreek Junior Member
    from TN

I posted this thread to maybe find out some new tricks of the trade for good sound mods that last instead of spending alot. I didn't mean for this thread to taken as unsafe practices on the equipment.
  7. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I have an old conveyor belt off of an old tub grinder. It's about 3/4" inch thick and steel belted. Makes a great rubber edge for the pusher and I have about 60 cutting edges worth!