1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Things to make sure are in a contract?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 1BadHawk, Nov 17, 2004.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

Im drafting up a few contracts for residential and commercial projects. Besides the pricing, general responsibilities, and the slip/fall clause, can anyone tell me some other things I should be sure to include in the contract.

Ive been doing some searches, and found a good blizzard clause, and a good slip/fall clause, just wondering what else I should be sure I have written down.
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

In mine, I clearly state that my company is not responsible for any damages due to objects hidden by snow. :nono:
  3. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

Good idea.

Im sure doing a preseason site survey, noting where any and all pavement cracks, manhole covers, perminantly fixed objects, curbs, and such are, mapping them out, and even taking digital photos in some cases, to help prevent damage to their propert and my equipment. A clause such as that would be perfect addition. Thanks.
  4. DJL

DJL Senior Member

I like to put put sections on scope of work, payments terms, dates of contract validity, late fees, discounts for paying early, cost for additional work, etc. etc. etc.

Do a search.
  5. c&mlandscaping

c&mlandscaping Junior Member

What i usually do is i make a rough draft of the driveway and keep a eye on things to make sure nothing is in the way. We are also not responsible for any damage done to stuff thats hidden under the snow.
  6. trinitygrove

trinitygrove Member

taking pictures is a really good idea. We also state in our contract that there is no need for the customer to call us when it starts snowing. We make them understand that we are busy but their driveway will get plowed.