1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Things in lower Mi not looking good 51 degrees this weekend

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jo2fst4u, Feb 25, 2004.

1. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

Forecast for this week as follows

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. East southeast wind around 8 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low near 19. East southeast wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Friday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 44. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51.

Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low near 36.

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Yup gonna be warm here in MA this weekend too. Back in january i wanted snow so much. While i would still love to plow a few more times it doesent really matter to me now. If its 50 degrees i can wash the cars and truck outside then wax them which i like doing. If it snows of course i can plow, how can i loose, unless it rains:D If its going to be spring it might as well be spring and be 70 if not it should be 30 and snow. But i think we all know that there is only one surefire way to make it snow and that is of course put the plows away. Thats why i don't even think of putting the plow away until i wash it in the beginning of may. I know its not likely to snow after april 1st you can never be too sure. Last year (after i put the plow away) around april 15 the weather was saying 10 inches of snow:rolleyes: So i had to get the plow out again after i had piled all kinds of junk on it because it was against the back wall of the garage. We only got a dusting.

3. dluckett

dluckett Junior Member
    from SW Ohio

yep, I think that and hate to say that this winter is a thing of the past. Down here on Ohio we are supposed to be at 61 for sunday. I guess we will just have to look at the 20 pallets we have until next thime the snow flies..

4. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I saw a guy today with his plow on and his salt spreader on at the Mall. I went into Best Buy and my wife said he got out of the truck with a pair of shorts on and a light coat?

5. cja1987

lots of people still have there plows on??? DUMB. Take it off when youre not plowing:rolleyes: too much stress on the truck. I will never understand why people leave their plows on for 4 months especially with todays plows they take 20 seconds to remove.

6. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

My trucks have the plows and sanders on from the first snow storm of the year until about April 1, never take them off, I have one truck that the plow comes off and that is the one that we use to do any work with and the one that I use as my personal truck. Other than that they can sit inside with the plows and sanders ready to go. Much easier when you get a surprise storm everything is ready and you just got to call the guys in. Just my two cents.

www.schmidtlawncare.com

7. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I understand you situation, we're talking about the guys that use their trucks as daily drivers with the plows on from Nov-April. If I had another truck to drive and to do other things with, I would't take mine off either, I'm lazy. We get a kick out of these guys, I always tell my wife, They must know something that I don't know. With the price of gas and the wear and tear on the truck, I take mine off if it's going to be more than 4 days between events. Obviously it's been off for awhile, last event here was Feb 7-8:mad:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2004
  8. dluckett

dluckett Junior Member
    from SW Ohio

I have to agree with SLC1. If you can leave the trucks sit, preferably inside, but it makes me wonder about all the trucks that are driving around with plows on when it hasn't snowed in days. I personally hate to deal with other drivers when you have another 3 ft on the front of the truck much less the suspension wear and tear.

9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

when it was sub zero I'd just assome leave the blade on, then you dont have to screw qith getting frostnip on your hands trying to mount the dang thing

10. cja1987

I can see leaving the plow on if the truck was only being used for snowplowing in the winter and otherwise not on the road but IMO why carry the extra load up front if you don't have to? If you get in an accident the plow gets damaged too. With the extra length on the front of the truck if someone strays out of their lane a little bit they could clip the plow and pull the truck in. Too much risk for no reason if you ask me. Take the thing off!!! I don't think id deal with removing v boxes after every storm those would be on the truck(s) all winter too much of a PITA.