1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Things go bump in the dark, so!!!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by agrizman, Dec 15, 2009.

1. agrizman

agrizman Junior Member
    from Mich

I know that I am not the only guy plowing late at night in a tight lot with things that will mess up your bumper. Dark windows, toneau covers and quad cabs make it tought to see all of those nasty barriers, etc. So, here is a little rig that I had built up on an old hitch plug. Easy on and off when you are finished. Added flood lights for those dark corners. Wired to a seven wire plug, the large center pin is the backup lights on my Dodge so the come on everytime you put the truck into reverse. So far, works great. Just thought you may like this idea and make a unit for yourselves. Griz

plow repair & light bar 003.jpg

plow repair & light bar 004.jpg

plow repair & light bar 006.jpg
  2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

That's cool. Good job. Make me one now haha
  3. agrizman

agrizman Junior Member
    from Mich

Thanks. It is kinda amazing what one thinks of after waking up at 2:00AM. I have about $90.00 in materials including the lights & plugs. About 2 hrs of fab time and I am not fast. Griz
  4. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Thats a really good idea and nice job!!!

Add some led's and garland ur set for the hollidays!!!
  5. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

what you do all that work for. I mean damn its just a dodge;)
  6. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Every single person who owns a dodge has a quad cab with a solid body color cover on the bed:)

Neat idea.. wonder how you could implement that with a salt spreader. I use pivot mounts to my hitch is free but damn hard to get to.
  7. agrizman

agrizman Junior Member
    from Mich

Wow, I just wanted to post an idea I had that maybe would help others for their trucks. But the Bad Vibes about Dodges kinda makes me think we have a few a-holes aboard! I can only guess what they must be driving. Griz
  8. JT's Plow

JT's Plow Junior Member

JT's Plow

I think it's a great idea and um.. your right it's amazing how the mind wanders after being up all night after night after night. BTW Im with you, I have a 2001 Dodge Cummins that is a freakin plowin machine! No room for haters!wesport