1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thing are looking good

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Got Grass?, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

A dozen contracts came in the past 2 days & tons of phone calls.
    All renewals and referrals, no advertising.

People are starting to think about snow & so am I considering this forecast:

Wednesday Night:
    Cloudy with a chance of rain showers. Scattered wet snow showers at elevations above 1200 to 1500 feet with no snow accumulation. Lows in the low to mid 30s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thursday:
    Rain showers likely. A few wet snow showers possible early in the morning. Highs in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 60 percent.ance of precipitation 40 percent

Time to kick it into full gear, getting those contracts finished up, purchase equipment, inspect repair and maintain equip., making & painting stakes. All while at the same time getting ready for the leaf season & fall cleanups.
    Only a month left before the (contract) "season" starts.

2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Dont remind me - I need to start looking at my equipment.

Chuck B.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

It's been really cold and winterlike here lately too,but no inquiries as of yet.Sure feels like it's gonna snow soon though,I can't wait. :D

4. Santo

Santo Banned

9 signed up and good thru April 15. Still waiting for The Over 11" Set Pricer and 7 more medium sized lots.Our 40* temps should get these folks motivated. Scored one today , security service rent-a-cop company signed up. I asked her if she had ANY questions about the contract, she said no everything looks good,RARE,Ended up signing her 2 daughters , parents and her personal home. Must be my" congenial " personality . (humor)

5. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns Banned

had 3 contracts in the bag this year and today i pulled out the first plow.:cool:

6. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Yeah, I need to get my butt in gear... I just can't seem to let go of summer and summertime activities for some reason. If I keep this up, things are going to come back and bite me in the _ _ _! Maybe because we never really had a true summer.

7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Yea we really only had 2 seasons this year spring and winter, it's getting pretty old isn't it.

8. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

People are starting to think snow! Phone is ringing of the hook and contracts are coming in at a nice pace again! The last cold spell must of scared everyone.

Chuck B.

9. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Had to add my two pennys to this thread iam either real early this year or people are real slow getting there john henrys on those contracts , we had that cold snap last week even had a little snow shower, i have about 65% of my contracts back and i have never been one to call and bugg cust but hey lets face it i guess iam gonna have to pretty soon cause if johnny lowballer has beat me out of some of my jobs iam gonna have to hit the streets and drum up some more work or else i am gonna have to make some wholesale changes this season. I turned down one condo because of two reasons 1 the guy was looking for alot for nothing he wanted me to beat the contractor who has done it for years he even told me what he had been paying i thought about it and decided i wouldnt want a contractor beating me over small amount of money so i called the fellow back and suggested he stay with his present contractor has i felt he was getting a good deal am i stuipd or do i just have morals? I belive the lord will take care of our buss and things will come out right in the end it is oct8 and i will trust that things will pick up and people will call or i will do some advertisting if ness but for know iam sweating big time.

10. WOOFSPLOW

WOOFSPLOW Member

GotGrass - Question: You mentioned "making" and painting stakes. What wood or material do you use to make the stakes? Thanks