1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Thick heavy duty rubber for vbox spreader???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NickyBombs, Sep 17, 2007.

1. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

I'm looking for a heavy duty rubber flap to put put onto the vbox spreader that will span across the entire back of the truck to keep salt away from the undercarriage. I know some use tractor trailer mud flaps but was looking for something a little better.

Anyone using something similiar to this? :gunsfiring:

2. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Rubber...

I bought mine from a farm store, it came 3ft wide and as long as you want.

3. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

How thick is it? Does it come in a roll? Where did you install it? I was thinking of attaching it to the angle iron that runs across the back of the spreader under the chute. Make any sense? Did you use stainless bolts to attach it?

4. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

They had 1/2 and 3/4 thick i got the 1/2. They sold it by the foot or by the roll its not the cheapest stuff but well worth it. I just welded a piece of angle iron on the bottom and then used stainless bolts and big washers to hold it on. Works great

5. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Rubber flap

Nicky, Try going to a gravel pit or quarry. Some place that crushes stone, dirt, or coal. Ask if they have any old used conveyer belt you could have or buy. I have a peice in my pick-up truck bed that's four feet wide. Good luck, Hippy

6. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

nicky
    i would go to a quarry and ask about belting i got a peice from a local guy who drives a tri axle and is always at the quarry. this stuff is like 3/8 and its solid. im in bucks county if i can get some extra for u ill ship it out but u just pay for the shippin..

good luck

7. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

Thanks Andrew,
    I'm definately interested in the conveyor belt. Let me know what if you can get one. I will pay for shipping. How did you attach yours? I was gonna try welding some threaded rod onto the angle iron of the vbox and put grommets into the rubber belt so that i can secure them with bolts.

8. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

havent mounted it yeat but im going to use angle iron and solid tube. this way it can atach to the body just like the tail gate does. im goin to mount new taillights bec the ones on the truck will be hidden on the back of my vbox... i kinda have to give it some more thought tho..