1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

They want to change from monthly to per push

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Daner, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Have some new and old customers that want to go by push this year:dizzy:
    Are they go crazy Or is it me LOL What would you perfer 70 bucks per push or 200 a month??payup

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just make sure you plow 3times a month and make an extra 5 double loonies a month!tymusic

3. Daner

I here yaa grandview...are they thinking that we are going to have no snow this year??:nod:
    Ps wheres the Amercan flag?? in our Imotes?

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hey, your right!:realmad:

5. Daner

LOL They call them toonies back where I come from.
    I picked up another customer today...and he wants It per push as well.
    They all think there will be no snow this year.

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I'm hoping for. All these customers saying I want per push! Too bad for me I'm advertising with 30+ other plowers, so the phone ain't ringing much.:cry:

This is crazy check it out, aren't you glad your not here...

crazyads.gif

7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

OMG!!! Thats insane!

Around here there are TONS of guys doing it, but very few have to advertise.

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I couldn't believe that!!! Is that from 1960 maybe? Unlimited plowing for $169 and $189?? And around here there are NO advertisements for plowing, it's all word of mouth. I advertised for a couple years, but mine was the only ad for the most part. I saw about four or five for the Augusta area.

Anyway, about those who want to go by the push this year... Take em. They're remembering last winter and the fewer than average pushes. I think they're going to lose again this year.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  9. 1-Ton-Chevy

1-Ton-Chevy Junior Member

immigration labor or what?

180 might get you 7 trips - max in CT - on a really small drive way with no hand work at all - driver stays in truck and is gone in less than 5 min -

10. 1-Ton-Chevy

1-Ton-Chevy Junior Member

question

Are those per month prices or per year? Is there a min number of months at that rate?

11. mrplowjr_ez_v

mrplowjr_ez_v Member

I hear ya! this pricing is nuts,old man's been in the business for 30 years in the area and says the prices are just silly. there is no way anyone can make money doing that. legally.

I've been thinking about an ad. certianly not in that paper. it would NEVER pay for itself. BTW what paper is that?

I've been looking in the webster post, and D&C and haven't seen but 3 ads so far.

IMO the guys who post a price sight un-seen are thieves. sorry. just my opinion.

On edit: looks like the greece/gates area I bet alot of kodak "retirees" over there. Old man is one, but was plowing along time before he "retired". Seems like everyone and their dog got a plow truck when the crap hit the fan at kodak, Wish I was in the truck/plow sales business at the time... must have been a record couple of years.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  12. Grn Mtn

its the Adnet Direct. I've found the best way to get responses is to be consistant. a week here and there will get you nothing, and if you can afford it bigger is better. I just run readers (no graphics) for 6-26 weeks, it saves you up to 20%.

those were your signs:D :D just kidding

13. Grn Mtn

supply and demand my friend...

those are unlimited prices for the entire season! I start at $225 and even that I don't make much money, but if I price any higher I'll have nothing to feed my kids with. the price wars started 2 years ago, but this by far is the worst ever. funny thing is every year the news shows people complaining because they paid ALL THIS MONEY and the guy never showed up after the second storm and they demand there $149 back!

now before any of you guys from CT and NJ pipe in and say "I wouldn't even get out of bed for less than $$" -well this ain't CT/NJ. Everyone has a snowblower or a 4wd or winter beater, and those that don't know that its only going to cost them $169 for someone to plow the drive, hit or miss, they are only out chump change.

14. Mad Mulcher

Mad Mulcher Member

Does the bottom left ad really say $168 for an 18 trip contract?:dizzy:

15. Grn Mtn

you betch'ya- I told ya it was crazy here.

16. Daner

Talk About Lowballers

That works out to $9.33 Per Pushpayup
    He's going to be rolling In the dough
    That won't even cover a oil change In the truck:dizzy: :

17. mrplowjr_ez_v

mrplowjr_ez_v Member

I could plow 10 driveways at that rate and If I bring a coupon, I might have enough for an oilchange.

18. Grn Mtn

at least last year he made $42 per push. - 4, 3" plowable eventswesport

we need two winters in a row with 25+ events and that should bring the numbers back up

19. Daner

Last Year was real bad for the per push dance...But this year...I'm more than welcome to sign them to a per push deal...Mark my words we are going to get hit hard this year with snow...Look at all the rain we had, all over...that precipitation Is not going to shut down for the winter.
    It Is much colder around here for this time of the year...and the trees and animals are showing all the signs of a stormy year. It just a matter of time...I f It was just a bit colder now we would be hit with some snow...In stead of this rain ...No Problem....anyone else want to sign up for per push...I have room for maybe 5 more accounts
    I can here the snow coming nowpayup purplebou

20. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I agree. In fact, yesterday I bet $27,000 on it. Bought a new Chevy Silverado 2500 and 8' Fisher to replace the old outfit on the belief that it's coming. Remember I was going out of business? Well, I'm back.:gunsfiring: