1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

They may be old, but they're paid for.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Wilnip, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

My mini fleet.

Trucks 3.jpg

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Who cares if they're old. Nice stuff.

3. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

no overhead !

4. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

they are working for you, instead of you working for them!!! name of the game!

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice little fleet ! The 02 F250 I really like !!

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking fleet good luck

7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Times 2 !!!!

8. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Nothing wrong with old, My Bronco was a 94 and made me a ton of money plowing. My pick up has cost me a ton of money not plowing.

9. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Thanks everyone.:salute: Maverjohn, Heres pics with a pallet of salt and the salter on. The next oil change is due on the old girl at 250,000 miles. Shes a worker though..

trucks4.jpg

trucks1q.jpg

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Nice...good luck to you this winter.

I agree. I have an 02 truck with 130000+ miles that looks decent & works great still. Maintaining them well is important.

Wrong. I never understand why people think(or say) they have no overhead, just because they dont have a truck payment:rolleyes:.....EVERY legitimate business has overhead..its just a matter of how much.

11. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Exactly right! That truck doesn't need insurance or maintenance, your office doesn't need heat or power, and you don't need a paycheck, all because it's paid for! :p

OK, so that was sarcastic, LOL! I like paid for stuff and run older trucks myself but I sure haven't managed to eliminate overhead.

12. ford 350

ford 350 Junior Member

Wilnip,

Nice equipment!

Have you found a good way to keep the rust at bay on those trucks?

Oh and transmission life:

Is that 250,000 on the original trans? Hats off if so:salute:

Any wisdom you can share on making transmissions last ?(assuming you have automatic transmissions in those)

Thanks for sharing!

13. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

looks good. Nice light on the white f250.

14. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That's a nice set up ! Great pic's !!

15. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

They're all automatics. And they all are rusty, lol. I just bought the 02 last year. Had to replace the manifold gaskets and few other things. It's rusting above the rear wheels and cab corners are starting to rust. They said the motor and tranny have been replaced but had no paperwork. I don't have a reason to doubt that because it runs and shifts fine. It never had a plow on it though. It was used on road construction jobs in MD.

16. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Thanks bugsy. Some say it's too bright.

17. ford 350

ford 350 Junior Member

ok, I don't feel so bad about the rust on mine then. Nice fleet again!

Oh and I hear you on the exhaust manifold gaskets. Did you do them yourself? I just had both of mine done. The stud kits from ford now have some sort of copper looking nonferous alloy. Hopefully these studs will hold up better. My truck is only three years old.

18. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

no, I had a local garage do it. Sometimes it's worth paying somebody to save myself the aggravation.

19. ford 350

ford 350 Junior Member

Agreed.

Happy Plowing!

20. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

You need a new updated family photo with that nice new spreader.