1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

They know they suck, so the turn to the animals

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Vaughn Schultz, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Okay this is funny, so I am reading the NOAA weather blog, not sure why, they have been so off this year, at least for Chicago it incredible. Anyways i digress, If you read this blog someplace in the middle they have tossed out there million dollar tools and they now are bird watchers:p At least they know they need help, thats the first steep to correcting the problem ;)

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL
    1025 PM CST MON JAN 22 2007

DISCUSSION FOR AFTERNOON ZONES/GRIDS...
    315 PM CST

ADVECT INTO THE REGION ON FRIDAY AND HELP BRING THE HIGH
    TEMPERATURES ABOVE FREEZING...FOR PLACES AWAY FROM THE LAKE...FOR
    THE FIRST TIME SINCE THE MIDDLE OF THE MONTH. THIS WARM SPELL WILL
    ONLY LAST FOR A DAY THOUGH AS THE COLD FRONT DROPS THROUGH EARLY
    SATURDAY AND THE BOTTOM STARTS TO DROP OUT. H85 TEMPS WILL DROP TO
    ABOUT -20C ON MONDAY AND POSSIBLY LOWER ON TUESDAY...EVEN THOUGH
    THIS IS OUTSIDE THE FORECAST PERIOD IT LOOKS LIKE THIS WILL BE THE
    TREND FROM THE WEEKEND THROUGH NEXT WEEK. THE RADAR TODAY HAS
    PICKED UP ON FLOCKS OF CANADIAN GEESE FINALLY HEADING SOUTH FOR THE
    WINTER...SO CONFIDENCE IN THE LONG TERM FORECAST GOING COLDER IS
    INCREASED A LITTLE BY THIS
    :drinkup: . AS THIS COLD FRONT AND INVERTED TROF COME THROUGH WITH THIS SYSTEM...THERE WILL BE A CHANCE FOR SOME FLURRIES AND MAYBE A SNOW SHOWER BUT DID NOT INCREASE POPS AT ALL DUE TO FACT THAT THE TIMING WITH THE FRONT COMING THROUGH HAS NOT VERY CONSISTENT SO FAR AND SOME OF THE MODELS ARE STARTING TO TREND EARLIER THAN PREVIOUSLY ANTICIPATED.

2. Vaughn Schultz

I don't know, Im just glad to see that we are basing are forecast off geese :p

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That shows real confidence in the equipment now doesn't it. And the geese don't all go south for the winter.So don't put all your geese eggs in one basket.:D

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

So basically they may be predicting a storm and it could turn out to be a large flock of geese?? That is ridiculous:dizzy: Yet again another reason I dont like weather people:realmad:

5. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

Geese Grease.Ca Ca

Maybe in a round about way there saying don't LQQK up you might get a shower of Geese Grease(ca Ca) lol I think thats funny as Helllllllllllllllllll

Ray Grimes

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

The Noaa office here doesn't do that but they still can't forcast what the weather is going to do during the next hour.

7. Vaughn Schultz

Thats funny as hell :D

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I can get a more reliable forecast by flipping a coin, I don't think the weather men have been accurate all winter...and now we're basing forecasts on animals...:eek: ...! They're saying around 1" here in NJ tomorrow night, but of course, it'll go away as soon as tomorrow comes...:dizzy: ...:mad: ...go figure! Of course, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we end up with 2'...accurate forecasts...right!:rolleyes:

9. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Speaking of geese. The geese that hang around my pond finally took off about a week ago. . . whatever right? haha