1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

They just plow around her...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jjtmarineb2, Dec 31, 2007.

1. jjtmarineb2

jjtmarineb2 Member

Ok, I have seen this lady and she is pretty old. This is how she ALWAYS parks, sometimes further out. The city just plows around her. Any opinions?

granny road block.jpg

2. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

If I worked for the city, I would have that towed. For one, it is illegally parked (facing the wrong direction on the street).

3. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

She probably doesn't want to knock the house down trying to get it in the garage................

4. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

If that was around here it would be towed before it even started to snow.

5. tinymitymo

tinymitymo Member

If the town guys do not care......

Neither do I...:dizzy:

6. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Purty much

7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Well if her age is over 95 she suppose to stop drive car because law. My Great grandma still drive car not slow just normal drive but when her driver license expire then she try get new driver license they refused to let her drive.

I see her house with garage it look pretty steep I guess she afraid to try park car on her driveway then slip crash garage because steep.

8. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

I think every time you see it out you should offer to put it in the garage for her it wouldn't
    take long and you just might get named in her will.

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

If it was here I would Tow it :)

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Most places you can not have it towed from there unless a policeman tickets it first.
    It has to be parked illegally.
    Parked facing the wrong way could get her a ticket.;)
    Obstructing traffic could get her a ticket but this may be
    hard to do if part(two wheels) of her car are on her property.
    jmo>>

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  11. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

up here that would have been towed a long time before it snowed. as for ticketing it before hand thats not needed if the dot says the magic 2 words - "Safety Hazzard" and POOF!!! its gone lol

12. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

where I live, if I parked like that even in the summer when it was 80 degrees. i would be towed in under a half hour

13. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I have to ask, why do you care?

14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

That would be like asking why do you post?;)

15. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

HENCE THE OLD ADAGE WHY DO YOU PARK IN A DRIVEWAY AND DRIVE ON A PARKWAY I GUESS SHES DYSLEXIC IF THATS HOW YOU SPELL THAT LMAO:drinkup:

16. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

A lot of the times someone has to complain for them to do something. Some police departments don't have the time to ticket every car that needs one.

17. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

from the looks of it if she did park in her drive and it did snow she would not be getting out without a tow truck. i am more suprised that she hasnt been hit yet.

18. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

one more reason to hate old people.

19. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

or whiney old people with nothing better to do but complain about the way people are parking....

why not use some business sense and give her a card to fix her driveway, clear her snow, etc...

but I guess if you spent too much time handing out flyers and cards there would be no time to take pictures and whine about it on the internet.

I feel ashamed even taking time to reply to this thread, I can't imagine having made this thread.

20. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I would have it towed... The car is too close to a intersection and taking up almost a whole lane. Its a safety issue

It would be a different story if it was down the road more and not right at a corner that is probably slippery when it snows.