1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

They Jus Don't Get It!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kingriver, Nov 27, 2005.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Why do you think that homeowners/business go through so many different (snowremoval) companys ? I never ask. Could it be they dont pay, or is it that they are real PITA'S ? Maybe I should ask for references, prior business's name that did snowremoval. Call-em and chat about potential client. Got ONE REAL PITA this year. I see why the old business isnt working for them anymore. Any thoughts ?:cool:

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Find out where the owner parks.
    Make sure his path to the door he uses is cleared the best everytime.
    Be sure to do a small amount of extra clean up during day while boss/owner is still there and notices your truck.

Next year increase bid by 30%.

Profit!

3. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Yes, you are right, pay alittle attention to detail, hope that things work out !!:cool:

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

This year I had to get rid of a real pita customer I had from last year. So I doubled her price from last year. Well it was real while it lasted...Rob

5. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I took on a new customer a couple of years ago and when I went out to look at the property, I asked why she was switching companies. She told me that she wasn't happy with the way the other guy plowed her driveway. I took the account and made sure that I did an extra neat job. After two seasons I finally realized what exactly it was that she didn't like about the last plow guy - apparently he made her pay to have the driveway plowed. I wonder what she said about me when she tried to find someone new after I respectfuly declined to come back this season?

6. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

i hope it didnt take two seasons to figure out...did it

7. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

The first season I had to nag her a few times to get paid which was a hassle but part of doing business unfortunately. Last season however I had to nag a lot, threaten to not plow to get paid and I didn't get paid for the last storm until this last August! And, if you can believe it, she was surprised when I told her I wouldn't be plowing this year - "you're not plowing at all, or just my driveway" she asked. DUH

8. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

i'd of made sure she knew it was because she made you
    chase her and if she wanted to keep me she pays up front
    or i toot a couple times when i go by......

i hate chasing my money....i did the job, PAY!
    i have been known to bury people that dont...
    but then again i can be a dick.......

how come i cant use any of the smiles ??

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Gotta love CALLER ID!
    I see a P.I.T.A. pop up I just hit IGNORE on the phone.
    If I have to chase you to get paid for a house paint job, I will not do another for you. The price is the price I am not a discounter!