1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

They are moving in!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 5, 2009.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

FREE Estimates - Snow plowing, Pay per plow as low as $5. Insured. Clarence, Akron/Newstead. Also Gutter cleaning as low as $15. Call 491-****

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Why did you take the number out? I thought I would call for some estimates on some work over here. Offer them like $15 an hour for some subbing work with their truck.....

3. grandview

I'm being nice.

4. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Great right in the heart of my route. Thank god I only have a few slots left. Hey should I sub him out? Grandview did you get a company name?

5. grandview

It's in the Bee Classifieds

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

He will probably think you are doing him a favor by using him as a sub.
    All the while you will be laughing all the way to the bank payup.

7. grandview

Maybe I'll get green frog to sub for me then he can get that guy to sub for him,then we both go to the bank!

8. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

17.50 to blow out a driveway

Appeared today in our local paper, company from another town 15 miles away advertising snowblowing for $ 17.50 per driveway.

Think I should sub out all my crap contracts to this company as I could sit at home nice and warm watching the tube and still end up making more money then this guy in a day.

Our min charge to plow a driveway is 32.50 for a single drive, no shovelling....
    Takes maybe 5 minutes at the most, compared to 15-25 minutes unloading, loading and blowing out the drive....

Hope he gets loads of work..... and we get a normal winter of 10 plus feet of snow....

Al

9. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

LOL!!!

dude.. i noticed THE SAME ad on craigslist for under buffalo just this afternoon..

10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I can't see using a snowblower every storm.

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

:laughing::laughing: Just wait until you get slammed with a big storm :laughing::laughing:

12. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

$5 ???? it costs me that in gas to start the truck and get her warmed up to get to work. and it says INSURED, id lovvveee to see that policy.

13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Wow. If he lands 10 accounts that's only $50. Pretty sad. I would hope to be over $300 for 10 accounts of work.

14. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i wonder how many drives he ACTUALLY does at that price? or is it more of a gimmick to get people to call, i guess if he doesn't mind making about $5/hour for himself, and pray's to God every night he doesn't have a breakdown, that is his choice, but WOW

15. Snowdawg48865

Snowdawg48865 Junior Member

I might have to call them and have em plow my drive for $5 so I don't have to go home and do it.

16. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Yeah but when they sart running into your cars or knock your garage door down how much did you save?

17. Snowdawg48865

Snowdawg48865 Junior Member

Yeah thats true lol.

18. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

well hell...i'll take my big Sicard truck and plow driveways for $2.50 a shot...One swipe and I'd be done lol

19. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Whats wrong with $5.00 a drive? Thats good money up north:laughing:

20. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

hah :laughing: