1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

They are calling a 6"+ for MA on Tuesday

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by sir spaniourd, Dec 2, 2005.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

I just heard we could get the first mayor storm for MA on Tuesday. At least 6" and apparently it is getting better by the minute.
  2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Yes I think we are all happy and have been watching the weather! Bring it on!!!!

What's a mayor storm? Just kidding.. We knew you meant Major.
  3. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

I have 3 different weather site I look at and none are saying anything about a major storm. The best they will say is a 30% chance of flurries for monday.
  4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

From Accuweather.com

Tuesday, Dec 6 Mostly cloudy, very windy and cold; a chance for snow in the morning, then a chance for a flurry. Winds from the NW at 20 mph. High: 33° F RealFeel: 15° F

Looks like it's nothing now.. Darn
  5. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

This time of year the weather sells the news. I can't count how many times I've heard "Major storm coming. Tune in for details." only to see the strom get smaller and smaller with each prediction. I stopped listening after a while and just made sure I was ready in case I looked out the window and saw 3+ inches on the ground.
  6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

That's it the window is most accurate.
  7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Well on Thanksgiving they said 1 inch turning to rain for my area no big deal..Ended up having almost 4 inches had to rush out and get my plow and sander on. Im not doing that again... i will be ready.
  8. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

oopps! did I say mayor?
    I just want to plow some snow!!
  9. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

I'm with you there JT was at the high school game and got the call had to go home and put the blade on-- almost missed the meal glad it was all done snowing by noon. had everything cleaned up and made the feast on time! Bring it on for Tuesday:redbounce !
  10. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

After 29 years of pushin snow, I totally agree with this statement
  11. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

There is no need to look at the weather forecast as I can tell you what will happen for the whole winter. Nothing! No Snow! Why, you may ask? It's because I bought a brand new truck and plow. If I had kept the old stuff that was ready for the junkyard, it would have snowed every other day from now until April 30th but I spent $ 30,000 so it won't snow and my wife will be asking me all winter why that expensive plow truck is just sitting next to the workshop.