1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thesnowplow.com

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gravelyguy, Nov 1, 2010.

1. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

I just ordered 3 shovels from them last night and they shipped today. They look pretty nice online. I'm hoping it's an upgrade from the hardware store crap.

The 28" shovels are clearanced to $35 with free shipping over $50 if anyone is interested. It looks like they stopped making the 28".

2. boso_36

boso_36 Junior Member

happy

i bought two last year i think a 36 and a 48 i think...love them

3. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

How much snow do you think you can reasonably handle with the 48" using it like a plow? I started small with the 28" and figured I would get a 48" if I liked them.

4. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

You will love these shovels. We bought three last year. Didn't get the 48" but considering getting two of them this year. You can push 6" of dry snow easily. We always use them like a plow then when it gets too heavy, we go with the short strokes to the curb.

5. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

Sweet, sounds like they are worth the $$$.

6. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

hummmm......I think I herd this already LOL......

Yeah, I cant wait to try mine, I just ordered one of the 18" for small steps and such. It also is on the clearance rack...$29.95

7. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

Yes, Jay turned me onto the clearance deal.

I'm not trying to steal your thunder Jay!:)

8. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

I wonder if they ship to Canada??

9. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

10. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

11. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

OH no......I wasn't saying that at all.....just chiming in on your post....

12. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

Yeah I'm just kidding. It was a good find!

13. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

They are great on any amount of snow as long at it is dry. Wet snow they are a little tough to use. I just ordered 4 more today.

14. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

hey gravely, I just checked when they are shipping mine, and guess what.....Its going to be delivered on Wed, my B-day :bday: LOL, when my wife sees that I spent more money and starts in on me, I will tell her, HEY,,,,its my birthday....hehehe:drinkup:

15. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

I should get mine tom. also.

16. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

looks nice- I have an aluminum one of that style, about 20 inches. When it works it works great... but it's almost never dry snow here!

17. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

Looks like a silly shovel to me.

1) Very rarely do I see a 'dry' snow
    2) I have found that shovels like this make it very hard to pick up the snow... Yes, you can use it like a plow until you get to the end of the walkway or driveway or sidewalk or whatever you are shoveling, but eventually you have to pick it up. First year in business I bought 2 shovels simular to these and they got pulled out for one snow storm. Every since they have been sitting in a corner for years. They will be thrown out with the next dump load.

18. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

Where you at in the mid-west? If your close to me, I will take them instead of you throwing them away....

19. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

I'm in Wisconsin (to far away for a few shovels) :) .. and its not exactly this model, but something simular.

20. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

lol, ok....