1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

thesnowplow.com snow shovels review/customer service

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jbell36, Jan 22, 2016.

1. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

So I figured I would give a review on the shovels and customer service...

We have ordered these shovels in the past thanks to plowsite advice and i'm very glad we did, best shovel on the market. Our company has grown so I ordered more yesterday at 2:30 pm and they arrived at my doorstep today before 12:00 pm. I don't even know how that is possible. Anyways, just figured I would post a positive experience since most people tend to focus on the negatives for reviews. Excellent product and even better customer service. For that, we now own 18 of these shovels.

I know there used to be an exclusive plowsite code for a small discount, does anyone know what that is and if it's still an option?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

The snowplow snow shovels are the best out there. I bought a couple to start the season off and give them a try and I have to say I am nothing but pleased. We started with 30's and loved them so I went out and bought 36's and 48's earlier this week. Hopefully we can get some snow and try out these bigger shovels.

Not what to do with the 30+ shovels we don't use anymore lol

3. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Where in Kansas are you from? I looked for a code everywhere, but couldn't find it. I now own all 3 of the big named shovels, and Snow Plow seems to be best built and holding up great.

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Once one uses these, they quickly learn that nothing else is worth owning.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I've never had an issue with their service either.

And yes, they are the best available.

6. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

We're in Lawrence. And I actually think I ran across a thread that either you started or you replied to about the code as well, but it was old so wasn't sure if you were still on here or not. How's the season been for you guys so far? I have a couple friends that own businesses in Olathe/OP (a cut above and silver leaf). Our season has actually been ok considering we've only had 3 snows under 1.5", which is why I was on here asking about shovels because these shovels are perfect for small storms like that. You can literally do a commercial store front in less than 5 minutes and on to the next

7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

basically if you open an account with them you get the best price that i know of...never remember an actual code

8. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

I couldn't find a discount, or got any better prices once I registered. With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to spend money on these shovels. sidewalks are all I do, so I need whatever I can get (within reason) to get the job done faster.

This years been alright. I've been going crazy trying to get guys to show. You should join the Kansas City area thread. Some good guys on there.

9. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

After 3 years of using my 30" the black bracket that holds the shovel together broke. I ordered a new replacement bracket and had it in two days

10. buckslayer5676

buckslayer5676 Junior Member

It's good to hear that they seem to ship their products pretty quickly. I just ordered a couple, so we'll see on the shipping.

Their lack of communication does really leave a lot to be desired though. I sent them an email, to which an automatic pop-up appears indicating they will try to reply back within 24 hours and usually less than that.

After about 5 days of no response, I emailed them again. Then after several days, I received an automated email from them indicating that I had items in my cart but have not completed my order. I replied back that I was waiting for their reply before finishing the order. That has been about a week and still no reply.

It's also very interesting that they do not even provide a telephone number in which to reach them at.

All of these added up certainly lean towards very poor communication on their end. It's unfortunate too because everything I've read about their product is very positive.

But in the end, I'm sure I'll receive an excellent product and get fast shipping and will be extremely satisfied. Just kind of sucks that they aren't more willing to supplement their great product with equally great customer service.

11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'll second all of the good reviews! We bought 2 36" ones and not only have they saved time but they scraped right down to concrete saving salt too. Worth every penny and it's not like they even cost 2-3 times a normal shovel. The blue "heavy duty" ones we've had the past couple years were 38.00 ea. and all with broken handles or pieces missing from the cutting edge, my 36" ones were 59.95 and free shipping ea.