1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

These Forecasters Suck!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by MikeRi24, Jan 17, 2009.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Meteorologists in Buffalo cannot forecast the weather to save their lives! heres this week in review:

Monday: called for 3-5....we got a dusting
    Tuesday: called for <1......ended up being a plowable event that caught me off guard
    Wednesday: called for a possible 1-3.....we got nothing
    Thursday: called for 1-3.....nothing
    Friday: called for 2-4....got a dusting
    Today: called for 4-7....got an inch and a half
    Tomorrow: calling for 4-7 again and I'm really not sure what to think. its driving me nuts. and the best part is, between the Weather Channel and the 3 major news stations, they all say something different and NONE of them are right! anyone else from WNY notice this??

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Just use the weather channels as advice only and moniter the incoming precip on radar using intellicast etc. News station will tell the same old story until they get updated and that could be hours later

3. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

For the last few days I've just kept refreshing the live radar from the Weather Channel on my computer and I'll pan it way out and try and make my own forecast before i go to bed and try to decide if I need to set the alarm or not.

4. motorbreath

motorbreath Junior Member

Same thing here in West Michigan, they said we were suppose to get 3-5 yesterday, got 12 at my house and 15 just a few miles north.:rolleyes:

5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

weather

Yeah, sometimes you wonder what their thinking but weather changes fast and depends on numerous variables. I usually watch the radar in motion to get an idea of the directionality. Lake effect, however, can spawn pretty quickly.

6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Yes they are morons here! Couldn't hit a nail on it's head with a tennis racket.

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Well... think about that statement for a second. Tennis rackets have a netting with a bunch of holes. So its no real guarentee with a tennis racket that you will hit. Maybe a frying pan would make a better analogy

8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I was talking about a really big nail, with a really big head.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

God Damn...what a forecast.

Too bad it's all BS.

I think If I got a forecast that nice..I would ***** a brick.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

rolmfao:D;)

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Even with the National weather center at the airport they said we got under 2 inches but I live a mile away and had 6 inches in my driveway .And how they say snow will stay south of us and we get another 6 inches.

12. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

I am down in Franklinville Ny and we have already this season 174.5" of snow. The old K5 blazer is getting a good work out.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

13. lunatic81

lunatic81 Junior Member

I'd feel real bad for ya, but we've yet see 2" here let alone 12. I wish our forecasters were off like that. Ours say 1-3 and we get a dusting. Probably trying to get that salt moved.

14. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

It's not just NY that they have this problem. Mlps has same problem 4 stations 4 differnt forcasts and not a single one is right.:confused:

15. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I listen to all 4 local networks and the weather channel and just pick the one I like the best. The always seem to be different, but they sure hype it up when they're right.