1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

There's snow in the Pass !!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

I just got back from a deer hunt for the last couple days, and driving thru the local mountain pass that is about 35-40 miles south of me, (elevation approx 2,600 ft), it appeared that there's been at least 4-5 feet of snow thru there so far at this point (October 16th), because the snow berms along the road are already as high or higher than the hood of my truck,... :bluebounc:redbounce:D

A (Small).JPG

B (Small).JPG
  2. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I came thru both times at night, so the pictures are crappy,... the flash didn't want to work right on my camera,.... plus the wind chill up there was about -20° to -25° tonight, & I wasn't dressed for that,.... maybe if I go back down thru there in a few days, I can get some shots during the daytime,...

C (Small).JPG

D (Small).JPG

E (Small).JPG
  3. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I just pulled into a couple of turn-outs to takes these,... but you couldn't run off the road anymore up here even if you wanted to,... :salute:

P.S. Before someone asks,... the "white-light" bars that you see are the reflective tape that's on the snow poles that all along the highway, so DOT plows can see where the edge of the highway is during blizzard conditions. (reflection from the flash on my camera)

F (Small).JPG

G (Small).JPG

H (Small).JPG
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yup! i think its gonna be a good year, we've allready had 13.somthing inches here in anchorage this month! ofcourse most melted..but we're below normal in temps and have snow on the ground.

im excited for the coming snow.

nice pics, i love your rear bumper with the lights, gotta be nice for backing up!
  5. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

That bumper has been the best plowing accessory I've ever found,... got more light shining backwards than forward,.... I have no idea what it cost new, but got it for $100 a couple years ago at Dean's Auto Salvage,... prsport

Bumper with lights on (Custom).JPG
  6. vanpragg shovel

vanpragg shovel Junior Member

please send some down here!
  7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice pics AKBoss. hopefully TLS is right and we'll be posting pics like that soon :rolleyes:

Thats more than we got all year :(
  8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

damn alaska! why do they get the good stuff i wish i could post some pictures of some snow right now
  9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Nice pix thanks for sharing.

Well I didn't see much as I didn't travel in the mountains this week but here is a little snow that I could see from Denver looking west. It's coming Nick :bluebounc

colorado 002.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  10. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Nice Pics!!!! (could you send some snow to Michigan?, Not all of it just a little PLEASE!!!!):jester:
  11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics guys, i cant wait to take my own!
  12. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The snow pics are cool, but were are the hunting pics ? :D
  13. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Hey Alsaka Boss I hope you dont mind but I saved a pic of that bumper im looking for a design for one of my trucks:drinkup:
  14. storm king

storm king Member

Nice pics BOSS keep em comming, that is the only snow we can look at for awhile down here and it is sure nice to see.
    Best whishes, and good hunt 'n ,
    Storm King
  15. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Ok, since it's my thread, I can high-jack it,.. haha. The only deer in Alaska are the Sitka blacktails, which may be one of the smallest species in North America, but a bag limit of 5 helps to make up for it. There's nothing wrong with moose or caribou, but these little deer don't take 2nd place to anything I've ever tried, that's why I always make the effort to go get a few. :salute:

big buck III (Custom).JPG

Little buck (Small).JPG
  16. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Not at all,... this bumper has worked out so well, that I'll always have something like it as well on any future plow trucks, even if I have to make one from scratch myself,... :waving:
  17. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice pics, that is a sweet bumper
  18. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Great pics, that bumper rocks, time for the snow dance.

Moonlight Snow Removal
    "We play in the snow while you sleep!"
  19. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

:nono: No snow dance yet. I still have to get a foundation in and my new plow isn't here yet! Oh, and my new skidloader tires are on back order, if I have to go push snow with the ones that are on it, it will look like a pig on ice skates
  20. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

well the ground is pretty frozen down here and high temps getting close to staying below freezing...all we need now is a low pressure for some snowwwwww