1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

There is a NEW 2 in trigger

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott's, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Yes it must be true because we had at most 1 1/4 of snow on the ground last night and there was some big boys out pushing it around. I kept my trucks parked and didnt piss of not 1 cliant. Its starting that if the ground is covered guys are trying to push something.
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

a couple weeks ago we had 3/4" of snow over the course of 5 or 6 hours but 2 towns over (where a lot of contractors live they got like 3"). I was out because we have some accounts that have zero tolerance. So I was out salting and doin a little plowing here and there. I had never seen so many straight pickups driving around with lights going. Just driving in circles waiting for something to do I guess.
  3. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

I see it all the time up here too...we had about 1'' last night and I saw plenty of guys pushing around powder
  4. Buck Bros.

Buck Bros. Member

We seen a few salt trucks out this morning.There was no more than a spotty dusting left after the clipper had passed . One truck was spreading his whole lot and it did not need it . We found it sort of amusing .
  5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Maybe they have 1" triggers and their customers want it plowed.
  6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Not everyone has a 2" trigger.
  7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I can't think of any businesses in my area that has a 2" trigger, all are 1" minimum and anything under needs salt at least.
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Exactly, I can't imagine having a 2" trigger.

We push pretty much everything 3/4" and up.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

And salt everything down. :nod:
  10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Salt everything. :nod:
  11. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

same here :drinkup:
  12. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Well yeah.
  13. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I have mostly zero tolerence up to an inch minimum. Sorry to you guys sitting at home while we are out making money. You all probably have all our old customers that wanted 2" triggers. :D
  14. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Wow, that must suck having your trucks parked while eveyone else is out making money. My customers would be pissed if I didn't show up. Tough market you live in.
  15. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have 1 account that wants 1/4" swept off.....lol
  16. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

got to love 1 inch triggers. I tell my freinds i got to go out plowing and they look at me like im nuts. My favorite storms to plow are 2 to 3inch ones
  17. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

All my accounts have a ZERO trigger - if it snows, we are out salting, then plowing. I would rather be out than getting sued for someone slipping and falling - too many people have lost in court over a trigger - you are responsible for the lot - if you are not - don't take it - and if they say you have to have a trigger - ask them if someone sues - you are responsible - too hard to say how much snow was down when they fell !!!
  18. Buck Bros.

Buck Bros. Member

Spotty dusting , no where near a 1/2 inch .
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  19. Lightningllc

Lightningllc 2000 Club Member

Salting up to 1 inch , Plow everything over 1 - 1.5 inches. My goverment work all plowing starts at 1" all my commerical starts at 1-1.5, Next year I'm bidding all seasonals at 1" and gonna use more liquid than salt. Easier to melt dusting than .75 of snow with liquid.
  20. Buck Bros.

Buck Bros. Member

Guess what I'm trying to say is Barry Saunders could still cut across the lot in the 40 andl run 5 seconds. Not slippery.Why gouge? Makes the snow removal contractor look bad overall.