1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ther needs to be a "moron forum" for this guy!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cornbinder, Jan 20, 2008.

1. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

it all started about 6 years ago. i put my first plow truck togeher. first snow i go to the gas station to fuel up the old ford, and there's a guy plowing the lot. he pulls up to me and says you wanns make some money? well that's where it all began. i was a sub for him that winter $45/hr. long story short he had 50 accounts trying to do them himself at $60hr. including salt! needless to say by the end of winter he went out of business and i picked a handful of those accounts that he left behind for the next year,and they weren't for $60hr. either. 5 years later, this guy calls me from jail (i found out later by the way) wanting me to cover some of his accounts. keep in mind this guy doesn't own a plow truck, or any contracts on paper all handshake agreement.this guy even bid a local truckstop (a loves) with no plow equipment! he said he was gonna rent a helicopter and fly over it and blow the snow away!!! WTF is this guy thinking?? then he called me and asked if i would fabricate a snow blower and mount it on the front of an old massey-ferguson combine that he was gonna buy!!! well the guy doesn't even have a vehicle to drive as the transmission went out of his 2 wheel drive truck. last snow he rented a ventrac with a snow brush (it's an articulated 4wheel drive utility tractor)about the size of a john deere gator. he drove it 5 miles to clean out a jd byrider that he had a handshake agreement with,of course they didn't pay him and he cussed out everybody that worked there. the snow before that he walked around town with a toro 20" walk behind snow blower!! yesterday he shows up at my shop with not a dollar in his pocket and wants to borrow one of my trucks and take it to georgia to go plow snow down there. according to him he'd have to bring all the money back in a dump truck he'd make so much. this guy even put a guilt trip on saying i owed him for getting me started!! WTF?? all he taught me is that's he's a complete idiotic FOOL!! that needs commited to a mental ward!! what kind of ****** drives all around bidding on accounts hours away with not even a plow truck?! then has the nerve to tell me i'll be sorry when we get a 2 foot snow storm, snow king (name of his so called business)will come and bail us out of trouble, then put all the local plow companies out of business!! what kind of madness is this?? i don't even know what to say about this guy? i'm completely dumbfounded, how can somebody possibly be so pathetically stupid??

2. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

hmmmm..... got to think about this ,helicopter snowblower option.... ok thought about it,is he kin of repo?

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

LOL - Gotta give him credit for being creative!

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I think you just gave Hollywood a new sitcom .:dizzy: I hate to say it but there are a lot more of those people out there then most of us would believe I had a guy ask why he couldn't just use his riding mower to blow the snow off his driveway using the MOWER DECK. It takes all kinds.:alien:

5. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

yeah your probably right, there's more people out there then we'll ever know that don't have the common sense of a house brick!! why is it they somehow find me?? ha-ha what's really funny is when he goes out and does a small parking lot with his toro 20" snow blower (2hrs) and goes back to get paid and the owner says, well we never signed a written contract, my contracted snow removal company is so and so. oh boy was he pissed off!!! i was laughin at him, and i asked why do you do anything with out a written and signed contract?? then he just went back to bitchin some more how he got screwed!!! it's more comedy relief than anything, and i just thought some of you would get a kick out of this idiot!

6. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

wow what else can i say

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Birds of a feather.... ? Just kidding!!

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

So what truck did you let him use to get to Georgia with?

9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

so u let him borrow one of ur trucks right:rolleyes:.... what a total nutbar:alien:

10. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Probably the type of guy that you worry might lose it and kill someone some day. Too bad you ever got tied up or involved with him.

11. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

yeah really, if he had it his way he'd try to get all of our truck and convoy down!! well yer right about being the type to possibly kill somebody. he's on his way when he called me from jail (which he told me) he was in the hospital. he was doing the jail house rock for smackin his soon to be ex-wife around and step daughter. it's pathetic yet funny this guy was trying to conduct business from a jail cell. i wrote the guy off, i just let anything he says go in one ear and out the other and do a lot of laughing in between!!

12. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i thought about giving him one of those matchbox pick ups that we used to play with when we were kids and a grayhound ticket.that would have been to mean though!!ha-ha

13. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

sorry, but I have to point out the irony in the title.

14. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

what you don't like my spelling? sorry.wouldn't let me edit.

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

moron.JPG

16. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Cornbinder....keep in mind that guys like that can be funny/crazy on one level and scary/dangerous on another, and it is often not clear where those boundries are, plus they can change without much warning. If he gets a notion one day that you have "wronged" him, you could find your equipment sabotaged or your shop burned down. Or he could even "go postal".

He does sound quite delusional and may be getting worse or be off his meds. Be best to put as much distance between him & you as you can. He should be getting profesional help, but unfortunately most like him don't. A one-way bus ticket to Georgia and a shovel could be a good deal all around!

In any case, watch out!

17. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Exactly what I was thinking. If you don't watch it, you're as much a fool as he is for just talking to him. It might sound funny or innocent right now, till he hurts you, your business or worse yet, your family.

STAY AWAY from him or your certifiable and a moron yourself...

take care.

:)

18. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

you guys have a point. i don't want to be "guilty by association" so i guess i probably should quit stringing this guy along just to get a laugh. catch you guys later, pete

19. big acres

big acres Senior Member

A friend of mine started out by subbing for a seemingly nice guy with an incredible arsenal of big equipment. He drove the guy through some sites once and the guy was all paranoid about him staying in between the lines on the highways, thinking "they" were gonna get him. Eventually he got pulled over for something, he didn't have a prior record to my knowledge, but he shot the sherriffs' deputy dead anyhow. Bye bye biz, wife, kids ...hello prison. You just never know.

20. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

There are nuts everywhere ! Some know how to just stay between the lines enough to never be noticed as a threat. Most are harmless. From time to time I run in to one that is truly scary! Hannibal Lector types. They could F your world up knowing just your first name and what part of the City you live in. If they are off their medications you never know what they will do. Stay away from the guy, he could drag you into something that could cost you dearly.