1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Theft, need help identifying truck and year

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Hey everyone, well it finally happened to us, of Feb 13 at 7:52 pm a truck came in our yard and stole our landscape trailer. Cops said the video quality was to poor to do any good, they could not even tell the make of the truck let alone the year. This is where I need your expertise, you guys and gals know your trucks. Maybe you can help me identify the year and make. Any input will be greatly appreciated. At the end of the video I show a very short clip of another truck during the day, would like to know if you think its the same vehicle. Already went next door to the dealer but their system was down that night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVrFZWjPYgg
  2. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

To me its looks like a 99+ Ford Superduty...
  3. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

First truck looks like a light colored Ford. Not sure, but second truck looks like a Chevy. Did you try to have that video enhanced? I don't know who could do that, but I have seen it done. Hope you catch them!!!!
  4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I just watched it on my phone, ill watch it later on my pc. It is a 99-07 Ford superduty extended
    Cab long box. White or silver. I don't think the truck at the end is the same one.
  5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I agree... 99 - about 04.

That sucks. I hope you catch the ba$tards... I hate thieves.:mad:
  6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

At first, I thought it looked like a Chevy... But look at the door handles. Definitely a Ford.
  7. MogMan

MogMan Senior Member
    from Qc

The two trucks look different. The one that stole the trailer has a lightbar on the roof.

Looks like a pre-2008 F250 with the tow package (lighted, bigger side view mirror).

The big badge on the front wing started in 2008, so max 2007

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  8. strokerpuller

strokerpuller Member

I can tell you its an 05-07 ford do to the turn signal in the mirrors. Its a 250 do to the stance. Its a gas because its missing the powerstroke badges on the door.

I'll look it over some moreThumbs Up
  9. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like two different trucks.
    The first a being a (white) Ford F250 extra cab 8' bed as stated above.
    I cannot believe the police couldn't figure that much out
  10. tuna

tuna Senior Member

2003 up for sure.No lighted mirrors before `03.
  11. strokerpuller

strokerpuller Member

I dont think they are the same truck.
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I know for sure the 2 trucks aren't the same. Can't offer any more advice as a Ford is a Ford to me.
  13. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

My opinion is that the first truck is pre 2007 for sure a ford. the second truck is for sure a dif. truck. I wish you luck & I hope you find the thieves & your trailer!!
  14. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Would the police be willing to give you a list of all the vehicles that match the description? You've got a lot of information to go off of..2005-07 F250, gas, long box, white. I know you live in a metropolitan area but even if there are a couple hundred trucks that match those specs I would be willing to check them all out.

Good luck.
  15. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Good Luck Paul, that sucks. Only thing of note from me is that the back windows are not tinted, which I believe is a special request.
  16. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

The second truck could possibly be the same. It looks like a Ford also and it does have cab lights , there just not on. The colors may look different from the poor camera qaulity. Good luck.
  17. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

To me the truck looked to be a newer Ford superduty, 08ish do to the signals being on the bottom side of the mirrors. White, ex cab long box 2wd. The truck at the last part of the video looked to be a 99ish Ford Superduty, white, ex cab long box, 2wd. I would bet it had a rust repair at one time and they painted the bottom a darker color.

Looks to me as though it was a company that runs the same type of truck. White Fords, 2wd...

Sorry to hear of your bad luck.

EDIT: It really looks like the signals are on the bottom of the mirrors anyways. I just watched it a dozen times...cant tell for sure though. It is definitely 99+ Super Duty xclb, white, most likely 2wd and I couldnt see a diesel badge on it so probably a gasser.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That could be a huge tip. The trucks look the same to me, both have non tinted rears. The ball mount on the first truck sticks out there a mile, and is quite tall.

Also, are those trucks 2wd?

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Both have clearance lights and non tinted ex cab and rear windows. The second truck looks to be 04 or older (all chrome bumper on top) and 2 tone. Truck 1 IS 4x4 you can see 16-18 seconds the crossmember, guessing 05-07
  20. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

That person knew you had that equipment. And he knew what hitch to bring. 1:48 is rather fast for getting a trailer that you've never used before. also it's an f250 so it's not some homeowner truck (could be) but that guy probably uses that truck for something else. Perhaps he's a contractor in the next city over or even in your town!
    Good luck.