1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Theft alert for NY and surrounding areas please read

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jasonz, Feb 17, 2014.

1. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

Please anyone who sees this truck trailer or machine it was stolen from Deer Park Long Island 2:00am saturday morning. Truck says cedar ridge on the doors. International 4700 hook lift. Kaufman trailer s250 bobcat with 8' pusher box. Please if you see any of these pieces call the police and let me know.

Please share this with everyone you know. This guy is one of us just trying to make a dollar on Long Island and now some scum bag has taken everything he uses to feed his family.

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Ill keep an eye out in SE MA. any way to ID the skid steer or trailer? Theres a lot of guys running skids that look just like it.
  3. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

skid not so much but the trailer used to be mine and has some welding and plating done on the neck, the jack was raised up higher so there is some work done around that area too. I know its a long shot but you never know.
  4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Saw it on isnta, makes me sick man. No luck with the lead in staten island? Im heading to PA tomorrow, ill keep an eye out.
  5. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

nope nothing came of that, have a feeling its hidden somewhere till the heat dies down or its on its way out of the country.
  6. alldayrj

Thats the problem with equip, it disappears in a container or a yard, the truck is very distinctive though and i trust it will show up. Its insane that people steal this stuff, its someones whole life. Is insurance helping him out? Is he all good getting his snow work done?
  7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Scumbags. Glad I live out in the sticks and we don't have to deal with this sorta thing often. Worst I've lost is a cheapie GPS and 6" round speakers in boxes out of one of my trucks... would have given them away if someone had asked for them LOL they were that bad...

A friends place about 10 mins away was cleaned out last summer, all his Stihl saws and trimmers. They poisoned his rottweiler to gain access... :( Sick, sick society we live in.
  8. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

Insurance yes but you never get what it was worth plus trying to replace the equipment isn't always easy, you know how it is.
    Plus he just dropped $1600 on brakes plus two tanks of fuel a couple days ago.
  9. NThill93

NThill93 Member

keep an eye on craigslist some criminals are really stupid.
  10. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

I hate scum bum thieves. Hope it turns up, but I have a feeling that rig is heading back to the motherland in a container.
  11. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

that could be a lead right there
  12. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Truck Plate #: 97864MC
    Trailer Plate #: BE56662
  13. alldayrj

Plus it would take months to source a chassis and buold that truck up. Keep this thread up there guys
  14. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

This sucks bad man, ive been there. Had a excavator disappear right out of my yard. Ill keep an eye out on my side of the land.
  15. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

Im looking for pics of the work I had done to the trailer. Also the truck has after-market mirrors with turn signals or parking lights built in (I have to ask him but I'm not sure if they were ever hooked up)
  16. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

TTT (to the top). I have been thinking about this all night. It really makes me mad. I would absolutely lose it if my dump trailer and lawn equipment disappeared. I really hope this stuff comes up, as it appears the owner does amazing work and does not deserve to be in this situation.
  17. alldayrj

Back up. Anyone put it on lawnsite?
  18. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

You have your 8 track players securely ny-locked up under the dash?
  19. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

man thats awful. Couldnt imagine having that happen to us. we had a trailer and some plow parts stolen before but nothing like that. i'll keep an eye out. I really hope this guy gets his equipment back
  20. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I have GPS on all my trucks.....

Adding it to the loaders mulch season when we leave them on site..

Its hard to replace equipment, especially during a busy season..

Sorry to hear that