1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

the xt........ how far will it throw

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 92XT, Dec 1, 2007.

1. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

just upgraded from the 8'2'' poly vee to the 9'2'' steel vee..
    first person to use it in a storm , comments are appreciated

2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

i just got a 8'2" V steel XT, havnt plowed though so not sure how far it would go :p

3. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

i got my v xt 9.2 on last night, will be snowing tonight and tomarrow, i will let you know.
    i will say one thing, the plow is heavy, i need to get some add a leafs bad. i have the timberens on and still sags

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Depends on how fast you push the snow!

5. Ramairfreak98ss

sure as hell is. I got a long bed extended cab 06 F350. The plow setup on the front is so heavy even for the 8ft 2", i can hardly move on hard packed dirt in my driveway in 2wd. Heck even on the street last night, dry pavement, it was spinning the wheels at half throttle "before" the turbo spooled up any boost.

I think my 8ft 2 was 750lbs~, that plus hydraulic oil, frame mounting and all that wiring you install has to be closer to 900lbs on the front.

I was thinking before about in the future putting an 8'2" Poly V on a 03 F150 ex cab short bed but no thanks lol, that 150~lbs isnt gonna make enough difference.

The 03 F150 is 5,165 lbs
    the 06 F350 diesel is 7,690 lbs

That will have to get a 7'6" straight poly probably lol

6. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

My truck holds mine fine,no ballest yet.I have the 9.2 V-XT i have the 6000 lb springs.

I found some 7000lb springs on truckspring.com
    Thats going to give me 1000lbs over stock,dont really need them but for under $200 bucks shipped I couldnt pass them up.Hopefully have them in a week or so,depending on shipping.

My truck is about 8,400 pounds without the plow.

If you want to figure out what your truck can handle go to a truck stop,weigh both axels mine weighed 4,880 front 3,420 for the rear,total 8,300lbs

Ok I have 6,000lb springs minus the front weight 4,880 that leaves 1,120 pounds.

My V-XT prolly weighes close to 1000 with the mount and all so Im within the limits.The 7,000lb springs will be way more than enough but more is better.wesport

7. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Specs.

My 8'2'' Poly Vee Is 800 Lbs. Plus Mounting Is 105 Total...905lbs.

My 9'2' Steel 'vee Xt Is 842lbs. Plus 105 Total 947 Lbs.

A Whole 42 Lbs. The Poly Makes Up For Rigidness In The Ribs And Crossbracing.vs. Steel Moldbrd.

8. Ramairfreak98ss

I dont get it, your comparing a poly 8ft 2 vs a steel 9ft 2? And your 9ft 2 is a XT which is heavier too.

Whats the poly/steel 8'2 weigh
    9'2 in both and then compare them.

Im sure its more than 42lbs, but if your saying that to go down a foot, go poly instead of steel and a NON XT is only 42 lbs? :confused:

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

nether do i :confused:
    read his first post then his 2nd.:

I think he starts drinking as soon as he wakes up.:drinkup::drinkup:

10. BobC

BobC Senior Member

9'2" steel doesn't drop my 550!

11. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

http://www.bossplow.com/downloads/poly-power-v-specs.pdf 8'2'' poly 800lbs.
    http://www.bossplow.com/downloads/power-v-xt-specs.pdf 9'2'' steel vxt 842lbs.

12. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

13. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

I can see what he's saying,the poly is heaver.An 8.2 poly weighes about as much as a 9.2 steel.

If your looking for something lighter dont go for the poly.

By the way I like my 7000lb springs,the ride didnt change much if any and the plow drops it maybe a 1/2 inch.

14. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

thank you stang man

15. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Back to the original question, the XT will throw snow about 30', if you can get up to 20 mph.

16. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

:rolleyes::confused:
    just yanking your chainxysport

;)

I didn't think there was a question?

17. Ramairfreak98ss

dude, they obviously messed up somewhere, they've got the 8ft 2 POLY V listed as its 40lbs HEAVIER than the STEEL V NON XT model, the 9ft2 is the same deal, NO one would go with a poly blade if it was really heavier, none the less, NOT being any lighter as its selling point lol. You are right though, statistically you have your "facts" in line lol

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The weight specs are not wrong.. the poly plows are heavier than the steel's (on a Boss anyway)...and Boss doesn't advertise the poly's as being lighter (since they aren't).... they advertise them for their snow rolling efficiency verses a steel blade.....

19. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Im sort of tired of you yanking my chain.

20. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

I'm sorry was I talking to you?:confused:

I was talking to LwnmwrMan22;)

I was yanking his chain, using a ha ha,(as bad as it was)
    as we drift off topic:waving:

If I called I would have spoken.:nod:
    It is funny that they are calling, the least they could do is get you to go do a bid...lol
    What did you think would happen when you post your # in big #'s
    610 457 - 9721
    on the Internet???

So business is up?