1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The X Blade Is Going To Be Poly ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by LAB INC, Jun 21, 2007.

1. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Hey Guys I Went Down To My Fisher Dealer To Cheek Out The New Xls Power Plow Wow That Thing Is Sweet. I Was Talking To Them And They Told Me That Fisher Is No Longer Doing A Stainless Steel Blade Its Going To Be A Poly Plow. I Was Very Upset I Have Two Of Them And I Think They Are Great ! Did Any Of You Guys Hear Anything About That. I Went To Fishers Web Site And It Does Not Show Anything Yet About A Poly Blade. I Hope They Stay With The Ss !!!!!!
  2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

i heard that they were still goingto offer the stainless steel, and also a poly version rather than powdercoated SS. Im not sure though, but i hope this is the case - Nick
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The X blade configuration would work with multiple "skin" types.

If their selling SS why would they drop it? I think they will offer a poly option in the near future as the price of SS has skyrocketed. Poly is a reasonable alternative at a better price.
  4. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

Basher has it right on the button. Still offering the SS model, but now also have Poly available at a lower price point with the same anti-corrosion, don't have to paint features of the SS.
  5. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

As a Fisher dealer, both Poly & SS are available in the X blade.