1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The workhorse - F350

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PlowVA, Dec 3, 2007.

1. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

This is the work truck. I sold the Tahoe with the 7.5 Blizzard, and am now using this baby. Wish I had a big/wide Blizzard for this one, but my partner had this Diamond laying around. It's a little small for this truck, but we are only using it for friends/family and the occasional "emergency" drive-by lot during a big storm or something. Also this one has the 7.3 diesel and is a crew cab with the 8ft bed, so even though it has an extra leaf up front, anything heavier is probably too much! I'll have to see how I like the trip edge, but I already know I'm gonna miss my Blizzard joystick controller while using this crappy touch-pad. Anybody know if I can upgrade the controller?:gunsfiring::gunsfiring:

350-1.jpg

350-2.jpg

350-3.jpg

350-4.jpg

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That rig will move a lot of snow still with that set up

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Very nice rig!!! You can upgrade the controller with a Meyer SlikStick set-up. All you need is the wires and the joystick. I think they have a kit for it at CPW above. FYI, Meyer makes Diamond plows, so alot of the parts are interchangable

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

FYI the touchpad is the upgrade. Going to the Stick is actually a downgrade. I would prefer it though if it was me.

5. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

all you need is some wings are your set for parking lots . nice truck !!!

7. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Nice truck for a spare!!!!!!!!! That bad boy will move a lot of snow!!

8. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Taz - Does the pistol grip have the same square connection that the touchpad controller has? Or do I need some type of adapter?

9. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Sweet truck!

10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck.... i have one just like it 03 cc with 7.3 short bed never thought of plowing with it though.... let me know how you like it vs a regular cab?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  11. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Nice wheel , diamonds ARE a girls best friend.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL. Good looking truck!!

13. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

PlowVA if you have the square 6 pin connector you should be all set if not i think they might have some diffrent adaptors for it.
    Mike

14. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a dream truck of mine except it would be a 6ft box, Not a girly color of red and it would have an 810 blizzard hanging off the nose. Good choice though. Can't beat the motor or the truck.

15. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

That truck is just waaaay to long for me, Looks nice would be nice for pulling a camper

16. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Sweet truck, if I go to a Ford thats exactly the cab/bed configuration I would go with. What type of accounts do you have?

17. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats a sweet ford but sure is a boat

18. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

they are long....we have 2 that we use for traveling to far away construction sites, but i would never put a plow on em'....i would look like Austin Powers when he get the Golf cart stuck turning around.

19. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

BlueRam - I don't have any this year. I decided to hang up the plow for the year. I just take care of friends and family now.

Got the lettering on it today. Looks AWESOME!! I'll post pics in a couple days...

20. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

the lettering....

here they are...

Truck lettering 001.jpg

Truck lettering 2.jpg

Truck lettering 3.jpg

Truck lettering 4.jpg

Truck lettering 5.jpg