1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Whelen Talon is no More !!!!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Fiafighterdude, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Some good and some bad news the whelen has decided to stop making the Talon series thats the bad news The good news is there coming out with a new version called the Avenger its supost to be better than the Talon but we will see !!!!!!!!!

and yes i know it looks like the Talon but it has a different design !!!!!

NEW design with a more sleek look than its predecessor, the Avenger™ is still a compact little light with a big attitude! Avenger™ packs full-size Super-LED® power that rivals strobe in intensity. This is serious warning protection in a small package that’s easy to mount or transfer from vehicle to vehicle

av2rb.jpg

2. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Ok, so here is what I can tell you from a dealer that I know who went to FDIC, it will be smaller, is most definitely brighter and will cost slightly more than the Talon(TN series) lights. It has a ridiculous amount of patterns too, both the single and double.

The single lightheads have 9 LEDs per unit, unless it is a split then it has only 8. The dual units will have a total of 18 LEDs. The optics are redesigned and the flash pattern change button is now on the plug, as pictured. Approx, half inch shorter than the Talon, about quarter of an inch thiner front to back and just as tall. The lightheads themselves are slightly smaller, but pack a punch. Also the body is a two-tone charcoal gray color to better match the interior of vehicles on the road today. Mounting brackets between the TN and the Avenger, while looking similar are not compatible. Is lighter too.

Let's see what else...Oh yeah, once it comes out, expect to see lots of used Talons(TN) going for cheap.

I got the official release PDF around here somewhere, let me look for it...

Anything else???

EDIT: tried to upload the PDF, too big, let me find it on Whelen's site...Stand by...

3. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I absolutely love my Talon! It is ridiculously bright and will seriously move people. Whelen has it right with LED's so I dont doubt this light a bit!:salute:

5. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Basically this is a direct talon replacement that is brighter, smaller and still the same price, with more features. Gotta love that.

6. Fiafighterdude

from ME

I cant wait untill they come out!!!! prsport

7. jblankster

jblankster Junior Member

i might sell my talon for this one!

8. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I just stumbled across the Avenger while goofing around on Whelens site and happened to come across this thread while searching for more info on the light. I'm wanting to hear some feedback on this when some one gets one. I have always thought the Talon was pretty bright, correct me if I'm wrong on that though.

Edit: Found a video of it on sirennet.com They also have a clip of the single Avenger as well.

http://www.sirennet.com/whavn2.html

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

let me know when you guys start dumping off your whelen talon dual lenses id be interested in picking one up that is either blue/blue or blue/clear...

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

11. Fiafighterdude

from ME

dont get me started !#%@% them on that site i got kicked off beacuse i wasnt 18 and i had no idea that i was suppost to be 18 but i have had alot of my buyers from there stick up for me but there just a bunch of jerks there :gunsfiring: :realmad: :angry:

12. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

We'll keep that in mind if you ever decide to re-apply after you turn 18. :waving:

13. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

I disagree -that's a great site - but there is a certain set of members that are the "lightbar police"...they don't like anyone who is not a FF or LEO having lights. I would definitely qualify as a "whacker" in their book - so I look, read, and keep my mouth shut!

14. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

haha, yeah, that site is goofy sometimes. Great for questions on how to set up the vehicle but some people who have their faces glued to the computer watching that forum every minute.

15. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

There are a lot of professional installers so if you have a serious tech question, or wierd problem with your lights, someone will always put you on the right track. If your an 18 year old with an ex-policecar, then for pete's sake don't tell them! They will not show any mercy.

16. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

how many lights are on your truck sno what????

17. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

dudes, i know this is the avenger thread, but you can get brand new federal signal dual vipers for 160 shipped. Just as bright at any angle!!!!

18. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

way more than I need.

19. Fiafighterdude

from ME

there alright but im a whelen guy ussmileyflag

20. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i ordered my dual avenger last week should be delivered tomarrow. cant wait.:cool: