1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

-THE- what were they thinking thread!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by t4dodge, Dec 6, 2003.

1. t4dodge

t4dodge Member

I'm glad I have a new camera, so I can share this with all of you... My wife thought I was crazy taking these pictures on our way to my son's hockey practice... But I explained that "the plow guys" on the internet will get a kick out of it... Two houses down from me, I found this and 12 hours later nothing has moved at this DIRT driveway location...

The truck!
    [​IMG]

The plow!
    [​IMG]

The aftermath...
    [​IMG]

2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

What the heck happened there?:eek:

3. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

What is that yellow pile of "stuff"? A plow? Have fun with that one neighbor. Maybe you should take the Toyota over and bail out that Chevy :p

4. greensideup

greensideup Junior Member
    from Ohio

What the .......

Did they bungee it on or something like that.

5. LandscapeEscape77

LandscapeEscape77 COPPA Member

i dont understand...what is that plow supposed to belong to?

sorry-maybe im an idiot:confused:

6. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i think hes trying to it snowed and this guy didnt do anything

7. t4dodge

t4dodge Member

I think it's this POS...
    http://www.solotec.com/index.html

8. SLAM

SLAM Junior Member
    from CT

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and have been reading alot of good info. I saw this pic and had to reply! I can't believe my eyes. I have never seen a bigger POS in my life. I can't imagine what that cost to buy and why anyone would think it was a better idea than paying someone professional to clear his driveway. Some people will buy anything.

9. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

(the following is from the link posted by t4dodge)
    "Imagine plowing your driveway from the warm comfort of your car or minivan. Our unique V-shaped plow distributes the weight of the snow, making it easy to plow in accumulations up to 17" (43cm) deep. The Driv'nPlow will work on asphalt, concrete, and gravel surfaces. It straps snugly to your car's front bumper frame, making it possible to maneuver or back up. The edge blades are replaceable. The Driv'nPlow is a patented product of Solotec Corporation.

Driv'nPlow® Auto: $279.00 USD"

only problem i see with the pics is looks like they tried to plow up the drive instead of down... with a 2wd S-10.

actually it seems like it would work fine on blactop, down hill or level with the same S-10

10. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

Real men dont strap a plow onto thier trucks :gunsfiring:

11. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

I think who ever that guy is should have a boot to the head for that poor excuse for a plow and thinking of putting it on a two wheel drive truck.

vector6

It does look like a two wheel drive s-10.
    I give that guy a big WHAT THE F#$*.

Josh 99zr2

12. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

I concurr, i didnt "strap on" my plow either, but not everyone can afford a new plow.

I couldnt afford a "new real plow" either.
    I picked mine up off Ebay from Sandusky OH. it was on a 4x4 Dakota, I have an 4x4 S-10.
    I had alot of work to do to make it work on my truck, but then again i have the tools and skills to fab a mount, and make it work.
    after all is said and done with new cylinders, hoses, connectors, eye bolts and springs, sandblasting and fresh paint im just over $1400.00

most people can afford $279.00 USD and if all i had was a 2wd S-10 and a need to get down my drive id probably be willing to spend $279 on that "strap-on" plow.

fortunatly i didnt have too.

13. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

I would have gone with a used lawn tractor with a 42" blower rather than that strap on thingy :eek:

14. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I would have gone with a properly licensed and reputable snow removal contractor!!! But thats just me!

15. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

We all know where strap ons belong dont we :nod:

16. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

LOL...:nod:

17. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

that guy should of bought a used snowblower or a really nice shovle for that matter!

The snowblower could of helped out that two wheel drive truck too.

dieselram30

That is very funny! LOL:D

18. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Real men don't use strap on's...

19. DIESELRAM30

DIESELRAM30 Member

Hey didn't i already say that, how unoriginal.:drinkup:

20. t4dodge

t4dodge Member

They should market it towards the Rosie O'Donnell crowd...