1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Western V Unimount or Ultramount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by River Hill, Oct 25, 2002.

1. River Hill

River Hill Senior Member

I will be placing my order on Monday for a new Western V Plow. I am ordering the 8'6" MVP. The only thing to decide on is Unimount or Ultramount. The Ultramount V is $4620.00 and the Unimount is $4089.90 these prices include tax. Do you think the price difference for the Ultramount is worth it? The plow will only be taken on and off in my garage, so the floor should be level. That may make a diffence in hooking up the unimount.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2002
  2. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

brian i like my older style western vee's it sits up higher than the new type.it depends if you are going to take the plow of the truck all the time.i think the ultamount looks goofey & the big black springs will look like **** after they rust. i take my plows off in the garage ,i put them on dollies and roll them out of the way.i admitt they look easy to take tem on and off.if you have a truck that sits low forget about the ultamount. i think you are making a good choise with the western vee.good luck

3. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

What do you think of the Western MVP 8'6" ultramount on a 99' Dodge Cummins? I have the Boss 8'2" on my 2000 F-350 and its bulletproof.
    It's been snow in NW Colorado since Sunday- 14-18 inches already. The mtn has had over 12 feet this year--- STBT Springs.

Plow safe out there,
    Peter

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the ultra mount takes me 30 seconds to put an 8ft blade on

5. mpflood

mpflood Member

Ultra Mount

They dont call it the Ultra for nothing!
    He is dead serious about the 30 secs.
    A-frame does ride a lil lower though
    go ultra

6. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

The ultramount' Is worth every penny. Yes 30 seconds.

Marshall:nod:

7. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

UltraMount for sure!!!!! on in 30 sec. off in 15!
    -Jeff-:drinkup:

8. got lawns

got lawns Junior Member
    from na

Western Uni mounts V plows were discontinued last year, that means you are buying about a 2 year old plow brand new.

9. truszip

truszip Junior Member

I'm a first time plow owner and this thing is a breeze to put on and off. I have to aggree with the rest - 15 seconds off and maybe 30 seconds on!

10. chevy guy37

chevy guy37 Member

Ultra. Yes, its tru........30 seconds

11. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Go with the Ultra! You will be glad you did. The ease of connecting/disconnecting is worth it alone!

timbrens1.jpg

12. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Buy the Ultra. Western is not going to be making unimount mounts much longer and wount be making any for any new models that come along so if you ever want to switch the plow to a different truck there is very good chance that there wont be a mount avaible.

13. kdbtsb

kdbtsb Junior Member
    from 21801

A thing to note! I think the wiring is (2 wire uni, 3 wire ultra) I have ultra V! Can not say more, quick on, quick off,!

14. GPB

GPB Member

Get the ultra, you wont be disapointed. Ive used the unimounts for 7 years, they are nice plows, but the ultra is soooo slick to hook up. The unimounts are a pain to line up, if you arent dead on, you cant get the pins in. The ultra you just have to be close, the plow will self-align. after a time or two you wont even need to get out of the truck to line it up. just to plug it in.