1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The weather.....

Discussion in 'Weather' started by LLM Ann Arbor, Nov 26, 2006.

1. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I knew I shoulda gone into business selling sunglasses instead of snowplowing.

70 degrees here today in Michigan....gonna be at least 55 for the next week.

:dizzy:

2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

The weather sucks. I am pretty much ready for snow. Just wish it would make up it's mind on the temps. If cold, then snow. If warm, stay warm, and i will get my bike out!!!

3. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

I was still digging on my end but its comming,I see the city running around with the plow gear hooked up and the DOT with their wings on.

Now if only I didn't quit my job last week I'd have something to do....... maybe a friend needs a plow on his 89 tempo:D payup ?

4. LLM Ann Arbor

Dood....today was a great day for a ride.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I'm goin crazy....today its 62 degrees...guess Wednesday is suppose to be 65, then thursday 28......hopefully it stays down from then on...:rolleyes:

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Its way to early in the season for people to be pissing and moaning about the weather already, besides there is a whole nother forum to do this in. :rolleyes:

7. LLM Ann Arbor

Lol....well excuuuuuse me Forum Buddy.

You be sure to let us know when its ok to piss and moan about no snow,and 70 degree temps, aight?

8. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Why should you piss & moan about the weather anyway? You shold not have your business set up dependant on weather. Have work lined up for no weather and if it snows, great, go out and make some nice cash. My snow end of the business is all extra. I have work lined up so I am not dependant on Ma Nature. I suggest you do the same either with seasonal contracts, which I know you wont do, or other work. There is a lot of work that can be done in the winter while the mower isn't being used. Painting, staining, caulking, cleaning, ect..........................

9. LLM Ann Arbor

Im searching for work. Put out three aps and resumes on wednesday/thursday.

Its just thats since I got into snow removal its snowed like 6 times here.

Just be nice to have an event a week is all.

10. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Must be a big difference in temps in Ann Arbor compared to here. It was in the 50's today and going to be in the 20's low 30's starting Wed night:confused:

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

12. bigskytom

bigskytom Junior Member
    from Montana

MT Weather

Out here yesterday started at 31 at 5AM dropped to 9 this AM. Was out for three hours yesterday and will probably be out tomorrow AM as well, Someone left the door to the fridge open, it is supposed to be -3 for the high Tuesday, but till then, 3-6" predicted by Tuesday. payup

13. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Here in Alberta, it's -25 celsius, snowing every second day since Oct 28. Man, I like snow but I wish it would just stop. Can't keep up with equipment repairs, guys are sick of it too. It's just November and feels like January. :cry:

14. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going out in my boat tomorrow. Might be one of the last days we see 60 degrees for awhile. I didn't get my boat in until mid october, so I'm stretching my boating season as long as I can

15. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Just be patient guys

Just remember Its still November...It has been T -Shirt temps around here as well for the last few days...and is going to be warm till Sat. Then the temps are supposed to drop right off This Sat. night and some snow Is In the forecast for up here.
    The way that I see the weather patterns forming...with the elnio and jet streams...warmer weather doesn't always mean less snow...It could be a ton of snow...When the temps do drop, and those two hot and cold front jet streams collide with each other...we wont have time for this------->:redbounce ....or this---->:drinkup: .....Strke out the last onexysport ...Snow Is coming ...I can see It now:rolleyes:

16. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

man i feel bad for the seahawks and packers for having to play in the snow.. id sure like to play in some snow