1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The weather man went nuts!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by phil7468, Nov 12, 2003.

1. phil7468

phil7468 Junior Member

I think the weather man went nuts.he can't make up his mind on what the weather is going to be today so he put alittle of everything in our forcast from thick fog to a thunder storm and then the good part if he is right a blizzard with 3"-8" and another 2" on thursday. But you can never trust the weather man. it will be nice if we do get it cause I got the itch.
  2. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

being a weather man requires a decent on air personality (if you want to last) and a few years in school. Not a bad gig since you can always say "Well...the weather changed...oops!" I recall a weatherman in Cincinnati, Ira Joe was his name I believe. His claim to fame was that he stood behind a plexiglass map and wrote backwards so it could be read from the front as he gave his forecast. Other than that he was as accurate (or inaccurate) as the rest.

WOOFSPLOW Member

We only had a dusting up north about 3 weeks ago. Still too warm for snow. The weather pattern is giving us rain at least a couple of time a week, hopefully it holds all winter long. I actually thought about plowing my leaves this year instead of using the leaf blower!:nod:
  4. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Phil.... havent you learned by now :realmad: the weather guy is there only to put unwanted thoughts into a contractors head...its a psychological thing :eek: I think....umm... well.... who is this ??

Im going to predict you will have a 50% chance for snow.
  5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

If you can find me a weather man who can predict the weather with out making any mistakes, ill show you a plowtruck that can fly. its either they say their is gonna be this big snow fall and everybody puts the plows on for nothing, or they say it'll be a day with out snow and their ands up being a blizzard. i wish they could just get it right:dizzy:
  6. phil7468

phil7468 Junior Member

the weather man was pretty much right this time! we got everything he said except we only got 4"-5" of the wet heavy stuff.just got out of the truck boy was it fun.:drinkup: