1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The video from the hudge storm.

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Feb 26, 2007.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Heres a little video from the last 2 days. It was a pretty sad storm considering we where suppose to get up to 8 inches and we only got 4. Oh well, better then nothing. Sorry its got the same music from the first video, buts its the only music file that I can get to work with the movie maker program for some reason. So get ready for some more harsh equipment abuse in this high quality video!!

http://media.putfile.com/push3

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Looks a little rough pushing in scoop, that deep,

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Unless you guys are plowing by the hour, you really need to get some pusher boxes. You are losing an immense amount of productivity by just using the loader\backhoe buckets.

Nice video.

4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

it aint hard on nothing, what do you think where gonna pussyfoot around with the pickups in light snow?? screw that, use em in all conditions. You cant always windrow snow, sometimes you have to push it to a certin area

5. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

well mark, you go ahead mail me the money to put pushers on all our rigs and I'll gladly do it. Yes I would like to get one for one of the wheel loaders, but alot of our lots have cars in them all the time, and a bunch of restraunts, so a pusher wouldent work in over half of our accounts.

6. Mark Oomkes

You already have the expensive part, the loader.

A ProTech at $5K will pay for itself in a years time under normal circumstances. As for the lots with cars, they make them in different sizes for that reason.

Many of our customers are 24 hours a day, a 16' will do just fine in them. Good productivity and the ability to manuever.

Don't have to get pissy either, just giving an opinion based on pusher usage for 8 seasons now. You need to loosen up a little and not get so defensive.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

i love watching your videos!!! looks like you guys have a blast plowing!!!!

what do you use to edit the videos and also what kind of camera do you use?

8. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Im not getting pissy, I know that one pusher would help us out greatly, but even with the cars in the lots, we still scrape between cars, and theres only about 8 feet between them. Like I said, I would love to get a 16' protech to put on the 930, but i guess im not the guy with the money, so its not up to me. I guess i just get worked up, becasue I got so much **** about the first video.

9. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

Awsome video. Keep 'em comin'!

10. SuperDutyFisher

SuperDutyFisher Member

What, you tryin' to build a mountain with the loader! Glad your enjoying the whites stuff unlike many of us who Don't Got None.

11. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I use windows movie maker to edit the videos. The camra is a sony cyber shot ditgital camera. I dont think I have hardly taken any pictures with it. I figured out with the memory chip in it I could take 30min of video on it, so every time we are out plowing I take video instead of pictures.

12. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

THAT WAS MINT!!!! Hope you get alot more snow. I really enjoy watching your vids.

13. bosshogg

bosshogg Member

Yes we are getting paid by the hour so we don't need a pusher. Do the math the longer your pushing the more money I make seems to make sense to me. That's just how we get-R- done.

14. ClaytonR

ClaytonR Member

nice

nice video...but remember you do not need to have music...hearing background noise and your comments are cool too...:gunsfiring:

15. Mark Oomkes

I understand, that's why I stated it the way I did. However, you'll never make more than your hourly rate.

16. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Lets hope there right this time!

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH
    FRIDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAND FORKS HAS ISSUED A WINTER
    STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH
    FRIDAY AFTERNOON.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO SPREAD FROM WEST TO EAST ACROSS THE AREA
    EARLY ON WEDNESDAY MORNING. BEFORE TAPERING OFF LATE ON FRIDAY
    SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 10 TO 18 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT
    SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL.
    CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

17. bosshogg

bosshogg Member

Thats fine. Do your accounts pay a seasonal rate? We'vee thought about that but none of more accounts were really excited about that because we've had so many poor winters in the past few years. I see what your saying

18. Mark Oomkes

Some are 100% seasonal, salt, plowing, sidewalks, everything but hauling and\or stacking. Others are seasonal for plowing only, salt is extra and some are per push and per application. A mix is best, right now I'm a little heavy on the seasonals.

19. bosshogg

bosshogg Member

Yea all I have is hourly but I do have couple goverment contracts.Which are really nice to have. (Except for the paper work) It would be nice to get some seasonal accounts to but most people around here like to pay the hourly contracts.

20. Greenwalt

Greenwalt Member

I have been wonerding this for a while now. When you push with a loader or skidsteer, how do you do the clean up the excess. Since you can't change the angle of the blade, and can only push straight, what do you do with what comes off the edge? Does a truck come through after and do the rest? Just wondering.....