1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The unthinkable happened tonight.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bottlefed89, Nov 20, 2004.

1. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

I've been working on a 95 f350 pretty hard the last few weeks, I've about got it ready to do some painting on, then throw it the rest of the way back together. I went up to O'reilly's to get some brake parts, and I was BSing with the guys in there for a minute. I heard a turbo spooling up and thought it sounded cool, so naturally I looked outside to see what it was. What did I see?? MY TRUCK(2000 powerstroke f350) HAULING A$$ OUT OF THE PARKING LOT. I yelled something about it, then said who's got a car?? Well, luckily another local landscaper was there and said hop in, so we take off after my baby. We followed it down the road about a mile, then came to a stop light, and it was blocked in in every way. I'm on the phone with the cops trying to jump out of the other truck and run up to my truck, the cops are screaming at me to not exit the vehicle and to not even try to follow it(yeah right) and landscaper2 is holding me back in the truck. Well, we all take off (in traffic) and get on 50 hiway, we're headed east for about 1/2 mile, and one of the guys from O'reilly's fly's out of nowhere in his trans am. He's gets beside my truck and is screamin at the driver to pull over, then he gets in front of my truck, and we get beside it and together we get it pulled over. As mad as I was I hop out of the truck and sprint towards mine to beat the ever-loving $h!t outta someone. They swing the door open, and what do I see?? about a 19 year old girl (not hot if you're wondering). SHe starts yelling about everythings alright, she didn't hurt anything - she just had to get away becasue someone was beating her and was gonna kill her, bkah, blah, blah, a bunch of B.S. So I informed her that now 2 people were gonna kill her..... Then she tries kinda tries to take off, so all three of us grab her (and even though she was a girl it's taking every ounce of self control you could ever imagine for me to not lay her out) Well, within about 30 sec's of the truck pulling over there are 9 cop cars there, guns drawn and a whole mess of no one knowing whats happened. So the cops ask what happened, I tell them this b!t{h just stole my truck, and go through the story with them. They cuff her, and now she's telling them, it's OK, he'll(me) understand. She says someone had kid-napped her, raped her, and was beating her. They'd almost beat her to death - and surely would have if she had'nt stolle my truck. So one of the cops kinda looked her over and said you sure don't look like you've been almost beatin' to death. Well she swares she had, and continues with the mumbo jumbo. So the cop says, it never crossed your mind to go inside any of the 5 busy stores right there and scream that someone was raping and killing you and to call the police.. Doing that hadn't crossed her mind, she thought it was understandable to steel my truck. Later on in the ordeal she tells the cops about how Jesus will hate them for what they're doing to her..... I think she was a little coked out, but I'm not sure. Luckily, I got out of the deal with no damage to the truck. Other than the whole ordeal itself, the two things that really p!ssed me off were 1.)I had all of my business papers on the console and it looks like she had a confetti party with them, so now I have a years worth of bills, contracts, job sheets, proposals, notes, and little reminders strewn about the truck. and 2.) The worst thing she could do....SHE Smoked a cigarrette in my truck. that is the number one no-no in my truck.
    After she was cuffed and thrown in the car the police were all BSing with us, so I asked if I could punch her as hard as I could just one time. They said no. That whole deal really sucked. I hope none of you ever get your trucks stolen, but keep in touch with everyone local if you do. I've put too much time and money in the truck for some lazy idiot to take it all away.......
  2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

That is crazy, to bad it wasnt a male so you could have beat the living piss out of him. Glad you got your truck back, but thats absolutly crazy! Its kind like when the guys tried to steal my bros truck OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE, and they poped the door lock, broke the window, and broke the ignition and still couldnt get it started (2000$ in damages, at least they didnt get it, they only made 1026 of his trucks)... anyway im glad you got your truck.... good thing you saw her take it...

the whole raping thing and killing thing has to be a lie, I cant belive that she would think anyone would belive her.... Those criminals must be pretty stupid to use a girl to steal it to make her look inacent. Anyhow, thank god its back in one peice and nobody got hurt in the process in retriving the truck.
  3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, To bad You weren't on "cops". That would had be fun. Or worse yet you had the plow on. she would not have known how to raise it and would have drove of leaving a shower of sparks. although that would have made the story more interesting. not that it wasn't. Just glad you got your truck back.
  4. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

Yeah, I just knew they'd take off through some field and be plowing through fences and stuff like that, but luckily they didn't. Those that I've met know the truck isn't perfect, but damn nice. It's perfect to me. It is a 2000, but it's been taken care of and I love it. It's defenitely my dream truck. Here's a pic before the lift, wheels, tires, shocks, GPS, exhaust, chip, intake, tranny mods, gauges, electric steps, etc.... and since I found that pic I will defenitely be kicking myself in the a$$ for a few weeks for selling my 97'. wish I could find that again...

Thieves really kill me. I just don't understand. I'd never take a penny that wasn't mine. I work my A$$ of to be able to afford that truck. I literally work 80-100 hours every week so I can have things like that, and someone just taking it like that is ridiculous, I just don't understand.......

Picture 339.jpg
  5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Not to rain on your parade, but I assume you left the keys in the truck, possibly left it running???

I guess if you did you will think about this next time....
  6. 351crules

351crules Member

sowhat, it still doesn't give someone the right to steal. girl or not she would of been slamed to the ground and felt a little pain for what she did. lord knows the courts won't.
  7. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Frozen brought up just what I was thinking.......how'd this 19 y/o girl steal the truck? Did you leave the keys in it?
    I suppose short of having your house broken in to, having your truck stolen is about the worst thing that can happen to a man. I'm glad you got it back so quick with no damage. The part about the cigarette was funny, not so much that it got you p/o'd she did it, but that after the experience of being "raped, beaten and nearly killed" she had time to relax and light up a butt!
    It's a good reminder though that you never know when you're going to be a victim. That's why I never leave my gun in the truck, unless of course I'm still in the truck :cool:
    These days you have to lock everything, everywhere, all the time. Sometimes that still won't stop them, but at least it'll slow them down or make them decide to go for something easier to steal.
    :gunsfiring: Thieves.
  8. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Exactly what i was thinking, don't make it easy for them :nono:

I see exactly where your coming from, work your a$$ off to buy something nice and some idiot tries to steal it. Iam glad you got your truck back with no damage to it. The girls story does not sound at all believeable, like you said, there were plenty of other alternatives to stealing a truck if she was in fact in trouble. Its also a good thing you did not get to her, they probley did the right thing in holding you back. If the cops are not there yet, pull them out and detain them, thats all. No point kicking their a$$, it will only get you in trouble, when you do not deserve to be in trouble. Just let the cops handle it.

Glad You Got Your Truck Back :drinkup:
  9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Greg, sorry to hear about what happened but atleast you got it back. I never leave mine running or the keys in it for that exact reason. People don't care if they have the right to take something or not. If they want it, they'll get it.
  10. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

i leave mine running.. but i have the keyless entry keypad... so no one will take it !!!!
  11. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Good thing you had someone else to help you out. Sounds like something out of Smokey and the Bandit with the trans am helping you. Good luck this season.
  12. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Don't waste your time trying to figure them out, it isn't worth it. Usually thieves are stung out or looking for a way to get their next fix. Glad you got your truck back as that is a sweet looking ride. Just remember to take the keys with you next time (assuming they were in the truck).

13. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Not to be a jerk, but it would be pretty easy once they took 2 seconds to break the window.
  14. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

turbo timer or tranny lock.

either or they both let your truck run without the keys in it.

the turbo timer can be set to shut the truck off thats the only difference
  15. Hawkc01

Hawkc01 Member

Let's not forget the Great Americans who took matters into their own hands to help him out. :drinkup:

Thankful that nothing happened to YOU!
  16. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I was not saying she had the right to steal it, just that you should not make it that easy for someone to steal something you value as much as your truck for example.
  17. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Greg sure glad that you caught up to her before she wrecked your truck.
    Your so lucky.
    :rolleyes: John.......................
  18. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The moral of the story is :
    Don't leave your truck running unattended anywhere!
    Install an anti theft system that will allow it to run without the keys if you have to. It runs with all the systems working you just can't drive it.
    Just push the button,pull the keys out, the steering column is locked.
    Everyone of our Ambulances have them,better safe then missing your unit!
    There are cretins that will steal from their Grandma for a fix of drugs.
    They would trade your stolen $20K truck to a drug dealer for $40 dollars of crack!
    And they all have a sad story to BS :cry: the cops with!!!!(like cops are stupid)
  19. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

Yep, I was an idiot for leaving it running and unlocked, I admit that. I usually leave whatever I'm driving at night running, because as part of my business I also do local freight delivery. Mostly just for a couple local companies. If I have 3 pallets or less I generally take the pickup, if I have more I take my international. Well, this was just one of those bum deals. I went in just for a sec. so I didn't lock it. I almost always lock it and take my backup set of keys with me.... Guess the almost always part isn't good enough, huh?? Yep, she pissed me off good. She had the seat all set for her, the wheel tilted down for her, she was listening to some junk=punk music, had the heat going and smokin a cig. She got all cumfy like she was in it for the long haul. Well, everyone take it as a lesson I guess, I know I will. I'm looking into one of those leave it running, but don't let it move systems.
  20. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

I noticed that you mentioned putting a anti-theft deterent system in and you said that your ambulance rigs have it where you can push a button and pull the key out and leave them running. I have been looking for something like that for the longest time and the best I have ever found or had someone tell me is to just use an automatic car starting kit. But all i want is the ability to pull the key, raise the rpm's if i'll be gone long enough and leave the truck with it locked. Is there a way you could get a hold of someone who put's those in your rigs and let me know? I would be very interested in one and could you let me know what it will cost and if it is something that is simple to install or should I take it to a place that can install it.