1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Ugly truck gets some paint

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stroker79, Mar 4, 2009.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

My chevy had a company specific paint job when I bought it last year. I painted the cab black but left the box the green color. I bought brown paint for it but didnt get the time to paint it last year.

I used a single stage automotive paint shot out of a HVLP spray gun. I have never painted before so there is a learning process here and im getting better,LOL.

Ill stop blabbing in a second, chances are, you looked at the pics already anyway. But I am also getting a Ford F-350 reg cab long bed in a few weeks and I am going to paint it the same as my 03 ford. I was CONTEMPLATING painting the chevy the same color and just making it my theme from here on out. But I wanted to paint the chevy bed anyway since I dont know if I want to shoot the chevy with paint that costs $350 a gallon. BUT If I do paint it with that paint, I would paint the bed black with the left over paint from the cab.

OKOK here are the pics, what would you do? I know its terrible lighting, Ill get better pics tomorrow but here it is for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

looks like it's haulin' a big chocolate bar......

3. stroker79

Yeah it is that color! It matches my hoodies almost perfectly, LOL

4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

always wanted a extended cab dually carvy like that.

5. rollin snow

rollin snow Junior Member

looks good for first time painting. go black next time and u can paint frame 2

6. stroker79

I was trying to sell it over the winter!! I just decided to keep it instead and put some new paint on it.

Thanks! Its actually just 12 Oz of paint. I went over it a couple times just so I can get an idea of what it will look like. The frame will be next, I will be covering it in used motor oil, it works wonders on rust!

7. rollin snow

rollin snow Junior Member

oil is good .

8. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Nice pics, light is sort of bad to tell what's up. Is it a #10 paint job? You know looks good from 10 feet away, after 10 at night!:jester:

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks great doug...i see your getting ready for grass :p

10. stroker79

The paint job is definately a 10 foot rule. The truck is about 50 foot rule though!! LOL

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Here is a hint bud....one more push of winter after wed.....:drinkup:

12. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

What about some of that yellow that outlines the letters on your logo? (I.E. make the truck countryside's color's lol)

13. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Just wondering if you needed anymore leafs in the rear pack:eek:

14. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

paint those rim's white again and then u'll be lookin good

15. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

16. stroker79

Ok I pulled it out in direct sunlight today and it looks like my original idea was a good one so it going to be brown!

I did my best to illustrate the complete look. The front fender flares will look a hell of alot better than the ms paint ones on there now :rolleyes:

Also the logo isnt complete because I was not able to import the logo very well but this gives a good idea.

So NOW what do you think?????

[​IMG]

17. stroker79

18. stroker79

Actually I do, they are starting to get a little low. Id like about an inch or two more rear lift, but im not going to do that, I dont even want to think of how much work it would be to remove all those rusty bolts :dizzy::realmad:

19. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

That was a municipal truck of some sort, right? Forest maybe? I know those colors...

20. stroker79

Its an old Clarence and Davies truck. I think they are bigger in your area. I see them up here a few times a season but but they are more southside and south of 80 i belive