1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The truck in winter mode.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WilliamOak, Nov 20, 2008.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Here's the truck in winter mode....
    (all i did was fold the mirrors down lol)
    no plow for me this year, should have one by this time next year though.

Truck 1.jpg

Truck 2.jpg

Truck 4.jpg

2. WilliamOak

they're camera phone pics and the light wasnt great so thats why it seems maroon, oh well.

3. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

Oakwood Land.Nice truck i got the same exact truck.what color red is that i am looking to get my truck painted next year.and i kinda like that color

mike

4. WilliamOak

Idk exactly what its called ive got a can of touchup paint in the truck im pretty sure it says the exact color on it. Ill go look real quick

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

That truck looks great! Cant wait to see pics of that pushing snow!

6. WilliamOak

tls your gonna have to wait about a year lol. But im right with ya!

7. WilliamOak

oh btw, did some minor mathematical calculations and i am getting approximatley 7.797mpg (in city type driving; how I treat the gas pedal depends on my mood lol).

8. WilliamOak

Taz: apparently I'm wrong. It doesnt say the exact color on the paint bottle.... why not I have no idea.

9. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

I like the way your taking small steps; first its the truck then the amber light and then plow taking it slow :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

10. WilliamOak

^It would have everything if $$ allowed lol. But as far as everyone else knows... yeah, I'm taking it slowprsport:nod::salute:

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

7.8mpg ouch. Glad I get better then that.:D

12. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

Wish you lived near me. I'd let you use one of my plows to put on your truck for the winter and take a percentage of your earnings in return :)

So if anyone is in MA. and wants to go out and earn some $$$ with one of my plows let me know!

13. WilliamOak

mark, the test was based off of about 1/7 of a tank. and half of that was driving it hard with it full of fall clean up crap. at least gas is under $2.00 by me now. Also mark, I am surprised you have not picked up on something yet... **HINT** I put it there just for you.

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

ya ya ya, Just let us know when is good for you. Most weekends or friday nights we arn't doing anything.

Stupid gas was $2.09 here in woodstock about an hour ago. I saw $2.05 today while in algonquin and figured for sure it would be cheaper in woodstock, wrong. I figure I'll enjoy my 12mpg now and if gas goes back up then drive our pos ranger.

15. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

12mpg? That must be pulling a trailer or real heavy city driving. I get about 14 city and 18 highway. I get 14 pulling my pop up camper on the highway.

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

12mpg around town, 14.9 pulling 2 atvs on a landscape trailer with gate on the highway at 60 with another atv in the bed. I get about 9.5-10mpg pulling 8.5-9k. If my truck was geared right for my tire size and wasn't kinda a piggy for a 1/2ton I might do better.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I know what you talking about I get 9mpg

18. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I swear I seen that truck around a bunch of times!

19. WilliamOak

I dont know why that is doug I've never even met you. Ive never even seen your truck idle for 2.5 hours straight or leaves bursting out of your dump.

I am thoroughly creeped out. lol

20. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

sounds to me like your following me!

LOL