1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Toyota is READY!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hbrady, Nov 6, 2003.

1. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

Well, I finally got it! I'll get some better pics up later but here is my beast.

2004 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4
    Curtis Sno-Pro 7' Poly Plow w/ Touch pad controls
    Timbren Kit in the front end

Pretty sweet except for the grease the guys got on my seat, steering wheel and shifter during the install :realmad: 400lbs of sand and I'll be ready to run.

Let it SNOW

truckplow2.jpg

2. cnypropertysvcs

cnypropertysvcs Member

I'm not much of a 'Yota man myself, but I will admit that it is a nice lookin rig. One question though- did you consider the Tundra when lookinf for a new truck? I have a friend who owns one and absolutely loves it! He hauls a huge boat with it and frm what he's told me it has a pretty high GVW- I just don't know how they'd handle a plow. It will be a long time before I can get a new truck, so I really enjoy seeig other peoples when they get one. Hope it works well for you and that ou get a chance to use it real soon!!!!!

LET IT SNOW!!!!! LOL!!

Bill

3. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

Yea, I thought about the Tundra but when I purchased this truck the 4 Door Tundra model had not started shipping yet. It was a bit more money for the Tundra and I like the higher gas mileage the Tacoma gets (17-20MPG). I've always liked the look of the Tacoma over the Tundra too. The 2004 Tundra is very nice and they changed the crumple points too so you can run a plow without voiding the Warranty. The one thing I regret is not getting Toyota's off road (TRD) package which gives you the ability to lock the rear diff.

Almost beer:30 :drinkup:

4. cnypropertysvcs

cnypropertysvcs Member

Thanks for the quick response!!! I agree with you on the mileage and the TRD package- the ability to lock in the rear diff is a great option, very helpful. Good luck with your new truck though!

Bill

5. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

Well, I didn't spend much time on this but here are some more pics. That Timbren seems to be squeezing out sideways, it that the way it should look? I've never installed them so I'm not sure how they should look. Here are the pics:

http://home.earthlink.net/~hbrady77/_images/nov03/truck.htm

:D

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

That's the way the Timbrens should look.They are doing their job as designed.

7. cnypropertysvcs

cnypropertysvcs Member

They look fine to me, but I'm only judging by what I have seen posted here before- I would suggest PM'ing wyldman- he's really good when it comes to the technical aspect of things- and if he doesn't know the answer he will know who to send you to. LEt me know how the curtis works this year- we have a local dealer that I know and hopefully next year I'll be adding a 3rd truck with a new plow, I'm considering a Curtis.

LET IT SNOW!!!!

Bill

8. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it works Bill.

Cheers.
    :drinkup:

9. cnypropertysvcs

cnypropertysvcs Member

Cool, thks-

Hey wyldman!! were you reading my mind or something?LOL
    you must have been typing a response while I was and just beat me to the punch in posting it!! WILD !!

LOL!!

Bill

10. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Looks good good luck with it.

11. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Im not really into Toyotas but that does look good.Tell us how you make out with the curtis.

12. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I wish Ford would offer diff. locks. That would be a useful addition. I was looking at the Jeep Rubicon, and it has locks front and rear.

13. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I just set up a 96 4Runner with a Snoway 8'6"....my next one will be the Tundra Crew Cab............

Derek

14. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

hbrady;

nice pics...looks like your driver is doing flips waiting to get out plowing!

15. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

If his feet could reach the pedals he would be more than happy to plow for me :nod:

I'll let you all know how it works when we get our 1st good storm.

16. jtwh20

jtwh20 Junior Member

looks good..

i had the same plow installed last week on my dakota

17. david-nh

david-nh Member

nice looking setup and a question

nice looking setup.Question how do you like the touch pad control,???

18. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

It's pretty nice, I like the responsiveness. The only problem I have it that I need to reveres the left right angle somehow because I mounted it facing forward. Right now left is right and right is left.:dizzy:

19. Radguy

Radguy Member

I just bought my Toy. And she's ready to plow.

Nice truck you have there hbrady

truck1.jpg

20. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

the toyotas look like they handle the plow very good. i am also noticing that more and more people are buying curtis snowplows and they are liking them. i didnt think the toyotas could handle plows but with the timbrens it does a fine job:)