1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Stroker all cleaned up... F250mans backrack intalled too

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ross3031, Jan 24, 2009.

1. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Finally got the rig cleaned up some. Spent about $10 at the car wash spraying all the sh*t off...

Also got F250mans backrack put on, so was finaly able to get the toolbox mounted and lights installed...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

one more of the backrack. sorry not such a good pic

[​IMG]

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks good Kyle . But I see what you mean about the bar in the lights. That is weird since it is built just like mine and mine dose not do that and the Claps dosent either.

4. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

lookin' good

5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

the rack is to short

6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nice looking Ford. What kind of light bar is that?

7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That looks pretty good. I really really like your truck lol. Those are some huge worklights on that backrack

8. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Nice rig i used to have f250 and 8 curtis Nothing beats a ford to push snow.

9. Awesome truck! Mine is almost identical. 31" tires is what in the other measurement? 305? 315?

10. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Thanks fellas...

Steve, ya i dont know what happened but its about an inch and half short. I had already got it powdercoated before i put it up on the truck. Whatever though, no big deal, still serves its purpose.

And for whatever reason my sig was wrong, i have 33's. 285/75/r16

11. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

Oh ya, and the light bar is just a dual rotator. I saw them for about $130-$150 but i found out if you spend 5g's and beg you can sometimes get them for free :dizzy:

12. mikeyfff1011

mikeyfff1011 Member

i dont know about you guys but i get angry seeing my truck all dirty and salty while plowing when im done i wash the frame really good since i have a ford super duty as we all know they are the worst for the frame rotting if they arnt takin care of

13. m.williams

m.williams Member

ha yea, i clean all of our trucks off after each storm, pisses me off to see em so dirty

14. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

actually chevys r the broken frame kings.

15. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

i just sold my 92 chevy one ton. I dont know what they did, must have undercoated it when it was new. Not a spec of rust on the damn thing, frame or body, and as far as i know its been in ohio its whole life.

The stroker is horrible. everything underneath is rusty. Not to the point of holes or anything like that just really sh*tty and rusty. The bed is a different story though. Bubbling and one or two small holes starting to come through on the wheel wells. I saw this when i bought it but knew my uncle had a bed for it so wasnt all that concerned. Just was crazy when you would compare it to the chevy.

Im like most guys, probably worse. I can't stand a dirty truck, inside or out. Twice a year, fall and spring, i take my trucks to a buddys company i've dealt with for alot of years to get them fully detailed. I'm probably gonna end up spending alot this spring cause of the EXCESSIVE amount of tar all over the stroker. Went on a riding trip this fall and had to cross a road that was freshly paved, in freshly i mean hours old. Tar everywhere, running boards, inner fender wells, fenders, bed side, doors, a $75 dollar stainless steel exhuast tip installed the previous night was turned solid black..... I was trilled :realmad:

16. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

did you have any problems or trouble with mounting your toolbox to the backrack? my buddy was thinking of make the bottom square into flat steel so that the toolbox wouldn't be sitting up off the bed. I think it looks kind of neat that way

17. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

I didnt have any problems. Actually just set everything in place and drilled all the way through. from the toolbox to the bed. 3 bolts a side and mounted the whole setup that way. I'm 5'10'' and can reach about a foot and a half in on either side. Have to jump in the bed to to get to the middle of the box though

18. And for whatever reason my sig was wrong, i have 33's. 285/75/r16[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, I have the same size tire, I think I'll get 305's next time though!

19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That's a really nice looking truck. That's a poly plow on there, right?

20. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

ya its a poly plow. first time i've ever used one. really like it so far.