1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Story of Bad Luck's MM2....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bad Luck, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

So the delivery company comes to drop off the plow today only, they forgot the pallet with all the hardware and such on the loading dock, and only delivered the moldboard. So, instead of waiting another few days while they hash out which dock and when they will deliver it. Bad Luck decided to drive down the the freight company (a short 10 miles away) and pick up the pallet. After waiting an hour or so for them to locate my merchandise, I do a quick check of the pallet looking for obvious damage (without opening up all the boxes and checking inside, like an ass). As I'm driving back to work, I say to myself, self you really should have checked moldboard for damage.....long story short I go to where the moldboard was unloaded at work, cut the straps and flip it over and there it is, a gouge about a foot and a half long, right down to the bare metal. DAMN IT!!! :yow!: It looks like one of the two pallets it was sitting on broke and one of the nails dug into the moldboard. Greeeeat.

When I get home tonight I get to go through the boxes and see what else if broke....as I wait for my truck side mounts which are still on back order HOPEFULLY being delivered on Friday, intact, and on time.

Stay tuned boys and girls....I have a feeling that this is going to get good.... :waving:

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Hang in ther buddy we have all had those days!!! :waving:

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Check the big box with the headgear and a-frame,they are kind of loose in there,if the box isn't handled properly(flipped over)things will get scratched in there to.My buddys laugh at me when i'm unloading customers plows because i'm so carefull,they say they will just get scratched anyways,that's not the point,guys pay good money for these things,i'm selling them new,they need to look new,I feel your pain :cry: good luck :drinkup:

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

....Looks like everything else is ok, intact, un-harmed.....today I get to start going over the directions for installing this thing.

MAN there's alot of parts!!!! :eek:

Part II - The Installation, to follow. :drinkup:

5. I'm also just starting to get my mm2 installed. Let me tell you that we are lucky, compared to the mm1 installation, this thing has alot less parts and less confusing. :redbounce