1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

the snowplow snow grader

Discussion in 'THE SNOWPLOW Snow Pushers / Shovel Discussion' started by Jeckstine, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Jeckstine

Jeckstine Member
    from PA

2. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

They work great for light snows. Wet snows are harder to get the snow to roll off and get hard to push.
  3. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 Member

Well worth the money. Durable design with replaceable parts. When it comes to wet snow, it is harder to move no matter what you are using whether it be a shovel, snowblower or even a truck plow. It is a great tool to have. I know that when I use a snow grader, I can make better time than a snowblower with any snow under 4 inches.
  4. EWSplow

EWSplow Senior Member

I've heard the work great, but never owned one. We do have a manplow (kind of the same concept, without wheels). Some guys like it and some don't.
  5. Jeckstine

Jeckstine Member
    from PA

Would have came in handy today! 3" light powder.
  6. EWSplow

EWSplow Senior Member

They work great on the light fluffy stuff.
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

back when we did more "long 4ft-5ft wide commercial walks", they kicked butt on 4in or less light fluffy snows. We found the only real weak part of the design is the wheels, and replaced a few broken ones with a wheel like this - http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/6-in-x-15-wheel-with-symmetrical-steel-hub

We've shifted away from these types of jobs, to focus on other work more. I think we still have at least 6 or 7 of these at the shop that don't get used anymore, & some are like new. I'd be willing to part with most of them cheap....if someone was interested.

BTW, ours are Dakota brand....which is basically the same thing....its where TheSnowPlow got the idea for the snow grader. -- http://www.sears.com/dakota-snoblad...21666&cpncode=41-27252823-2&redirectType=SRDT