1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Snow Plow Shovel ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigearl, Sep 25, 2008.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i think i had a freind that was using a style simpilar to the 48 inch... i dont know if that was the exact one, but there guys used them alot -- of course thats for like one inch of snow

i have a 36 inch steel shovel, same thing, great for one inch , any more it gets heavy quick, plus mine is all steel
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

They work great Earl. Snow doesn't stick to the poly either. JMO
  4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

We started using them last year and they seem to work quite well.
  5. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I thinks that would be the 2 handled one
  7. Blunt

Blunt Junior Member

I have used a similar 48" and it works great. just don't plan on pushing deep snow with it.
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I saw them at the Sima show and was impressed.
  9. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I just ordered two 48" Yo Ho's for $65.00 each
  10. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

They work great on a little snow or a sidewalk that needs some slush cleaned off. I use it if I only have a few feet to go also.

strong strong and eh strong !

I met the folks at SIMA and the show in Mass. Whats cool about the product, is that it sells itself. its light, its repairable in the field, not that it would need to be if used correctly. and there light and the ability to do a 5 foot walk with two guys might seem silly, but its cheaper then having a trailer to move a snow blower that costs a 1000 bucks, and then the fuel for it, and then pay extra for someone to operate it. Using 2 labor guys is efficient. and it works. and clearing walks with zero tolerances makes its nice to leave people and the shovels there and move on to other properties. having to schlep multiple blowers makes using shovels more the better.....prsport
  12. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

13. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Thats the Dakota Sno-Blade. Thats what we use. They are real fast, and can push up to about 4". The beauty of them is the angle of the blade, you fly over all the cracks and joints.
  14. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

look's good.....le'me know how they work i'd be interested in trying some :nod: