1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The snow is falling in Connecticut

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jimmymac, Dec 26, 2004.

1. jimmymac

jimmymac Junior Member

Hello All,

Just came in from plowing the driveway. We have about a 2" on the ground and it's still coming down good. They are calling for 3-6" with this storm. Hope everyone had a great holiday!!. :nod:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  2. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

What part of CT are you in?

3. jimmymac

jimmymac Junior Member

Hello,

I'm on the shoreline... Madison

4. Mikelandscaping

Im about a hour out from ya. From the new london area getting slammed right now MONEY TIME :nod:

5. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

Just looking at the radar in the naugatuck valley it looks lite only 2+ if the snow wraps around could be up to 4+ I won’t start untill about 4AM watching for the next hour to see if the snow wraps around eastern CT and RI will get most at 8-10+

6. jimmymac

jimmymac Junior Member

I was a little disappointed, we only got about 3" in Madison, Connecticut. But on the positive side it was enough to go out and plow. Hope everyone has a great day.

7. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

We just finished up.Only about 2 inches,but it was better than nothing.Were still waiting for the big one,temps are going to be in the 50s buy the end of the week.We are having some very strange weather around the country this year.Hope everyone has a safe New Years

8. PLANET

PLANET Member

EASY MONEY. I almost feel guilty. 2'' of powder here and of course all our commercials gotta get done.:waving: :drinkup:

9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

At least a foot here in the Boston area :bluebounc

10. Mikelandscaping

Im still plowing been plowing since 3 this morning have major problems with the plow. Gonna try and jerry rig it for now. :bluebounc

11. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Just finished my route didnt get as much as expected but it was just enough to plow everyone ....gotta love it!

12. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

2"- in the connecticut valley :cry:

13. daninline

daninline Senior Member

We got about 4" of the green stuff oh I mean white stuff took about 3 hours to get done and I only saw one car off the road this morning and he was still talking of his cell phone.

I hope we keep getting these 4" storms it pays the same.

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have to agree. I would like to see 4" storms before 8" storms. We don't make extra for volume so anything over 1" and under 3" is fine with me.