1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Snow Dominator

Discussion in 'THE SNOWPLOW Snow Pushers / Shovel Discussion' started by Cooter24, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Whats up with this new shovel? Is it currently available in stores? Made of same material?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Its the Terminators cousin.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

That does not interest me at all. Looks too narrow.

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I agree! it should be 48 inches wide!!! JK!!!Thumbs Up

6. ny65

ny65 Member

So has anyone used one yet? I am trying to decide if i should get a snowplow or a dominator. I have about 120' feet of sidewalk and a 18'x20' deck.

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

36 inch SnowPlow.

8. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I am looking at 2 of these, I have one 30" that I bought back in the spring.
    I need a couple throwing shovels, and after looking at the ones that are sold at Lowes, Home Depot etc, I would rather have one of these since the prices are about the same (for a good one)

The shape of the blade is close to the True Temper (and there knock offs)ones that I have used in the past and break about every other storm, But I liked the shape and it worked good for me.

I do have a question for someone that has one, or the owner if he is reading this, how much does it weigh? I think that my 30" is a little on the heavy side, but its not a throwing shovel..

Speak now as I am looking to buy 2 throw shovels soon...:)

9. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought 3 of the dominators and we used them this last weekend. They're GREAT at scraping, and scoop and throw well. They're a little heavier than the cheapos we've been using with the bendy aluminum handles but much more durable. They're not nearly as heavy as the snowplows. Buy them and don't look back, I'm going to be ordering more.

10. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

How wide are they?
    Seems like I seen some were they are 18", is that correct?

If there the same quality as the 30" I guess I will buy 2 of them, even though I have not gotten to use it yet....

11. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, 18". Uses the same handles as the pushers, but a different "head". They seem like they'll hold up well over time, but when you wear out the scoop, you replace just the scoop like you would when you wear out a snowplow pusher.

12. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Just got mine yesterday in the mail(FedEx). Although I haven't used it, the quality is the same as the snowplow. Super fast shipping and they threw in a bracket for each shovel to hang on the wall in the off season. I think the dominator will be good for shoveling mulch too!

13. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I just got 4 of the dominators in he mail a few days ago. I am on the fence with these. They scoop itself seems to be a little fragile fromi first impressions. I think the puhers are the best shovel ever but the jury is still out on this one as it seems it break crack easily in the cold. I will keep you updated.

14. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

we got our dominators many weeks ago but just got to try them out yesterday. The guys love them, each truck has the 2 sets of shovels on them, pusher and scoop for different scenarios. well worth the money, i'm pretty confident they'll hold up like the pushers.

15. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

I ordered the dominator and the 28" both on specials tab they arrived in two days.
    They both worked very well with the 2" we got yesterday. Spend $50 and you get free shipping

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I saw these I might order 2 for next season