1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Snow Caster shovel

Discussion in 'THE SNOWPLOW Snow Pushers / Shovel Discussion' started by FaccLandscaping, Nov 29, 2011.

1. FaccLandscaping

FaccLandscaping Junior Member

Has anyone tried “The Snow Caster”? Just wondering if it stands up to “The Snow Plow” version with wheels.
  2. thesnowplow.com

thesnowplow.com Junior Member
    from 50525

Not Even Close

The SnowCaster is a twin brother to the Dakota SnoBlade. If you want a piece of conduit cotter pined to some plastic wheels and a cheap plastic blade then that is The Snow Caster.

The SnowPlow w/wheels corrects all the problems the others have ignored.

-UHMW Blade
    -Shatterproof Metal Hub Wheels (same weight as plastic wheels)
    -Bolt Together Construction w/Lock Nuts
    -Re-Enforced FiberGlass Handle w/Wheel Collar
    -Double D-Grip Cross Bar for Ultimate Pushing Control

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

We have several Dakota Snoblade's and this is the only problem we found(plastic wheels). The ones that have cracked have been replaced with a similar wheel you guys run.

I would buy from TheSnowPlow guys if I did it over. Same price(as Dakota Snoblade), but better built.
  4. FaccLandscaping

FaccLandscaping Junior Member

I figured that "The Snow Plow" was superior but I figured I would throw that out there. Thanks for the input putting together an order tonight.