1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The Skinny on the wireless remotes....whats going on?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Plowinpro03, Jan 11, 2009.

?

Wire less remote

1. Who has problems?

35.7%
  2. Who has no problems?

64.3%
  3. Who has had the recall and Still has problems?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Who has had the recalll and No longer has problems?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Who has switched from wireless to wired?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

Alright, at this point, ive seen a few post regarding the wire less remotes...and lots of issues with them....as do I with mine....The problem never get's better, and it becomes an issue, a hassle, and at this point a safety problem when the remote fails to operate in an emergency time of need. (requiring to angle blade fast do to on coming traffic, possible pedestrian interference, adjusting on highway...(for those that may over heat), having to move fast when pushing banks, crossing roads with snow..then delaying when on coming traffic suddenly appears due to remote not getting the signal.....

I think there needs to be a fix, i know that theirs a recall, but like i said..my Serial numbers are wiped clean off the back due to wear......

So, post your thoughts, issues...i also added a pole to see who has done what..its a multiple option poll..you can "vote" on anything that you have done..

According to snoway reps..they out sell the wireless 4-1vs wired..(higher maybe?)....

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  2. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

I've had my ST-90 since Nov 06 and the only issue with the remote is the batteries. I keep spares in the Jeep!

Fran

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I quoted that figure, I am not a Snoway Rep. those numbers are based on my sales not snoways numbers.

4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

so I can just give my serial number to my dealer to find out if I need the update????

5. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

Thanks 78910

6. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

Logically that would be a great place to start!!

7. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

FWIW … I purchased my plow in September 2008. I wanted to have the wireless remote but my dealer talked me out of it – citing lots of problems with the wireless system.

8. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

My MT 80 and ST 90 both are wireless remotes and never had any problems except batteries needed changeed every 20 hours or so of plowing.

9. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I am not sure if I would like the wireless due to the delay it has over the wired controller, great concept but maybe not as fast as wired from what i am told.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It ios the dealers responsiblity to contact the customer.

Again, there is a coil issue creating some problems with the controls. Have your dealer call and check or you call the factory yourself and see if your plow needs one of these two warranty repairs they will improve the performance if you do.

11. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

If you check the Poll I clicked the wrong tab. I have had no problems with mine.

12. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

My remote was recalled and i have the new unit. The recalled unit was working fine but why chance it right?

13. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

i actually have heard of no probs with them but some have mentioned a little delay, which in my mind would suck for the times when ground isn't frozen and you have to always creep up sometimes rather quickly. it might be digging before it reacts, this is what I have been told, i have only ran one once and I really liked it.