1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The season that never was........

Discussion in 'Weather' started by White Gardens, Jan 6, 2012.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

The season that never was........

Even though there is some meteorologist out there, sticking to their guns to the last breath, saying that we're still in store for a hard winter about mid-January on, I don't see it happening.

The northeast might finish up the season fairly well, but my guess is that most of the country won't see any snow.

Such a far cry from what everyone was predicting for this winter.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

End of Feb.you'll be wishing it would stop snowing for a day to take a nap!
  3. White Gardens

Nothing will ever compare to last season. I didn't go more than a day or two with real sleep.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Lots of winter left, just have to wait and see.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I prefer the warm weather then cold weather.

bison game21.jpg

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I did that last year, never again will i wish for a break in the snow to take a nap.
  7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Winter is coming, just be patient.

I've been making calls and starting to set up our spring and green season. Normally I like to take it easy in the spring and ease into it without busting our balls, but with winter being slow so far I need to make sure I can make that money up.

Also we added sealcoating to our list of services last year, so now I have another direction we can run.

Think positive and stay busy. It will happen!

8. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

we got a small dusting today. nothing else in the forecast in the next week either. im buying a new plow in 2-3 weeks, and i have seen much of anything to even use my old plow for. hopefully we will see something decent in the next few weeks.....
  9. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

This winter is a joke. Even the local weatherman doesnt comment on facebook questions about his winter prediction. He predicted 70-80 inches and we have 15. It doesnt look like anything for a solid 10-12 days at least. I havent seen a winter like this since I started about 8 years ago. Not even one decent storm this year. Our big snowmaker has been a whopping 4 inches.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

This is the winter of extremes. Alaska with record cold and stupid amounts of snow. Winter in Texas and more the same in Europe.

All it takes is one monster of a storm for everyone to forget the snow drought and just remember the 10' drifts.... It could be a complete bust too, thats the fun of rolling the dice of Snowplowing for a living.
  11. White Gardens

I think that ship has sailed!

12. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

This winter has jumped the shark.
  13. White Gardens

Nice Fonzy reference. Thumbs Up

14. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

probally be a lot of equipment up for sale this spring......
  15. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Craigslist is already starting to get a few decent deals from guys who are calling it quits.
  16. White Gardens

I'm hoping so. I've got an opportunity to expand my summer work and if my coins don't get dumped into that then I'm looking to at least find a plow for my F-150. About two weeks ago there was at least on set-up on Craig's list for $2500.00 bucks complete for my truck.

I'd like to see that number get down to 2k for a setup, otherwise I just might as well buy new.

17. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Exactly wait it out someone will sell their plow for next to nothing just because they're desperate.. I picked up a well taken care of uni mount for $1400 ..patience is key..
  18. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I've been watching but haven't seen 'the deals' yet. The other bad thing, with no snow that means I'm not making money to capitalize on any good deal. :realmad:
  19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Exactly, I really never go on there but was bored the other day and looked through a few pages and nothing but someone's junk for a inflated ridiculous price. Some of our seasonal's are now paying good.....now it will snow so i'll pay it all out in labor,lol.