1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'SaltBin/ASI Management' started by iceyman, Sep 30, 2008.

1. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

well i figured id get the discussion going.....:p
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I will be number 2 then. Has anyone gotten bagged salt prices yet?? Im looking between 175-250 per pallet here. Was going for roughly 80-90 a pallet last year:dizzy:
  3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

are they still around 150 per ton on bulk in this area?
  4. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

Elite I was pretty reluctant to pull the trigger on $130 a ton salt three weeks ago but now I am glad that I bought all I could afford. (140 ton) Now I heard the same supplier is at $180 a ton!
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

tom, how did you get it for 80-90 a pallet last year. I have not seen those prices in a long time. Last year I was paying 150 a pallet of 49 , 50 LBS. I got prices for about 170 a pallet from lesco. a truckload of 18 and we get that price. if you are looking to get some maybe we can go in together.let me know
  6. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i though that it was gonna hurt more than it did this morning. i got a hold of a sulplier for treated for 72 a ton picked up. so i told him to hold 100 ton and ill see him on monday. i had salt lined up for 60 a ton delivered but imagine my surprise when he said all sold out
  7. FaulknerLwnCare

FaulknerLwnCare Member

I got 5.75 a bag unless a full pallet is purchased . in that case it is 4.75 a bag . 30 80lb bags per pallet. Not bad
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

dont wait til monday get done there ASAP
  9. OfCourseYouCan

OfCourseYouCan Junior Member

150 per ton? Did I miss something? Last time I called my supplier a month ago he said prices were up to around $90per ton for untreated salt. Last year it started out around $65 per ton. I had to scramble to find a new supplier mid-season as my long term supplier shut me off for lack of available product?

Any low down on the supply of bulk salt this season?
  10. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

30 80lbers are $177 picked up for me.
  11. c web

c web Junior Member

anybody in the kansas city area have a salt supplier for 50 to 100 tons of bulk? where are you going to pick up the salt for the 72.00 per ton?
  12. shredder781

shredder781 Junior Member

anyone in the chicagoland suburbs looking for salt, That was a loaded question.I have about 5 tons or more for sale at 60 per ton you pick up.
  13. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

MAybe, what town is it in? Is it spreadable? pm me if you can. Thank you
  14. Loni1113

Loni1113 Senior Member
    from Utah

Here in Utah (does anyone think salt might be cheaper around the great salt lake?) The cheapest I have found it is 5.90 per 50 lbs bag with a minimum of 396 bags. If order less than that it is 6.25 per 50 lbs bag

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

My buddy and I prebought 500 ton a month ago. $26,1xx.xx ea :eek::eek: got to do what ya got to do.