1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The recession has hit winter

Discussion in 'Weather' started by obrut, Dec 13, 2011.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I've just been informed that because of cut backs, there will be no snow this year in the Chicago land area. Old man winter does not have the available resources to provide snow for all of the "usual" states because of over snowing in the previous season.

I put my plow away.... maybe next season.

2. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I hope the parent corporation doesn't forget to send that memo to New England's Old Man Winter franchise. I still don't have a plow.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I really think it isn't cut backs but more of a snow reallocation program. He thinks Texas and the states west of the Mississippi didn't get enough snow the last couple of years.

4. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

my son spilled some crushed ice on the floor the other day, so I used his toy dozer to scoop up what I could then used some salt to take care of the rest. I think I have done the most plowing in Chicago so far.

5. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

......Im still drinking Corona and Lime on the dock here in New Hampshire....Snow? Forget what it looks like.

6. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

I want snow!!!!!!
    I'm bored !!!!

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm the 1 % go seasonal!

8. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Your just making up for last year

9. White Gardens

I'm in that boat also ussmileyflag !!

10. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

its a good feeling in that boat too

11. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Well I have zero seasonals so......:sleeping:

I know of a local guy who had a giant seasonal a few years back. We had very little snow for the first part of winter so he made great money for awhile. The guy went out and bought a brand new truck new plows and a new skid. Well winter finally showed up in a big way and nearly broke this guy. We got dumped on for several weeks in a row, the guy ran out of places to put the snow and had to have it hauled away. I know he was happy to see winter come to an end that year.

You guys enjoy those seasonals! We will get our fun soon :salute:

Bossman

12. White Gardens

It is a good feeling, but, in all honesty it just helps make up for not making much on seasonals last year.

I'm not quit at 50/50 yet for contracts. Once I hit that mark I'll be even happier. Right now, gross wise, I'm at 35/65, with the 65 being my seasonals.

Keeping a structure like this guarantees that I will never "bank" in any given winter, but is sure nice when you have a year like this one.

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For me,the only difference between plowing and not plowing is gas. Most of my expenses are fixed and have to be paid whether it snows or not.