1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

The reason I have to sell the OBS Ford Diesel...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by exmark1, Apr 1, 2009.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

This really made the decision...the old Ford just looks way to out of place with this fleet!
    Am I nuts or should I keep driving it? Any feedback would be appreciated!

#4 1995 Ford F-350 Diesel

#3 2004 Dodge 2500 Hemi

#2 2001 Dodge 2500 Diesel Sport

#1 2003 Dodge 2500 Diesel Sport
  2. exmark1

Forgot the pictures...

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yep,I'd start getting rid of those Dodges !
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

She is making you money correct. Keep her going or semi retire her and let her sit back and relax and use her as a back up. Why get rid of a perfectly good truck.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You taking about the truck or his wife?
  6. exmark1

Hmm true... Could be a winter only plow truck and backup. The drivetrain is all new just the body is beautiful and it's blue.
  7. exmark1

LOL somedays I would love to get rid of the wife! She is more expensive than the new truck...
    Sadly enough I used to hate Dodge trucks but I have had the best luck with them in the past for some reason so I have kind of stuck with that and it seems to be working so far...
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Can't go wrong with the wisdom of GV:D
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What are you going to replace it with?
  10. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

gunna have to agree with the both of ya :waving::drinkup:
  11. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

thats just funny right there. lol
  12. exmark1

Haven't decided... was thinking maybe a 6.7 Cummins Dodge. But for sure something with red paint to match the other trucks in color and such.

Something with a diesel for sure I know that!
  13. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

Just paint the ford red then it would fit in, personally those old fords are awsome trucks and i think you would be stupid to get rid of it if its making you money and you have no problems
  14. exmark1

The problem is it has rust in the front fenders and the box around the wheels, so I would need to repair that to paint it. And it has a blue interior (dash, seat etc...) so I would have to switch that or have a really mismatch interior to exterior color.
    I do have a red interior in my 1995 F-250 4x2 beater truck. But thats alot of work and money since I can't do any body work other than bolt on stuff myself.
  15. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

if its paid for keep it as a back-up or lot truck:drinkup:
  16. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

a red one would look a lot nicer. would match everything else
  17. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Those are nice trucks with about $10,000 in rebates right now
  18. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

my boss is going thru the same thing he wants to sell a perfectly good 98 chevy 7500 with a cat motor cuz the bed is a lil rusty and buy an almost new international 4300 dump so it can match the garbage truck we bought.

I smacked him upside the head when he told me and told him it runs great just take $5,000 fix all the lil things like sandblasting the bed painted and new tires and WA-LA brand new truck. why sell something paid off and get another payment when for 3/4 of the price u can fix up the old one and make it new again. I have the same advice for u thats like taking a perfectly good door knob and replacing it with a brand new one just cu it looks pretty.
  19. exmark1

New one I like was $37000 with rebates etc... at the dealer I checked with!
  20. BC Plower

BC Plower Junior Member

Stencil " Supervisor " on it, gives it a reason to look a bit different.
    Use it to check up on and help the other trucks when needed